View Poll Results: Which ten will be picked latest compared to 2020-21?

Voters
70. This poll is closed
  • Sebastian Aho (Avg Pick # for 2020-21 = 10.8)

22 31.43%
  • Jordan Binnington (39.0)

44 62.86%
  • Brent Burns (52.1)

46 65.71%
  • Pavel Francouz (88.1)

45 64.29%
  • Johnny Gaudreau (47.3)

31 44.29%
  • Taylor Hall (53.5)

35 50.00%
  • Carter Hart (31.0)

52 74.29%
  • Mike Hoffman (81.2)

34 48.57%
  • Anton Khudobin (71.8)

30 42.86%
  • Evgeni Kuznetsov (66.4)

11 15.71%
  • Patrik Laine (25.1)

55 78.57%
  • Evgeni Malkin (28.1)

41 58.57%
  • Time Meier (85.6)

29 41.43%
  • Elias Pettersson (16.9)

31 44.29%
  • Carey Price (47.5)

38 54.29%
  • Tuukka Rask (32.8)

29 41.43%
  • Ilya Samsonov (40.4)

33 47.14%
  • Brayden Schenn (73.4)

19 27.14%
  • Teuvo Teravainen (45.3)

35 50.00%
  • Mika Zibanejad (16.6)

13 18.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Whose Draft Stock Will Fall the Most?

The Magnificent One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Whose Draft Stock Will Fall the Most?

Even in this shortened season, it feels like a lot longer ago than - in most cases - just a couple of months that we were drafting our fantasy teams. But I figured it was time to reflect on those drafts and see how right or wrong those picks turned out to be, turning it into a poll.

Here's a link to the average draft position of players selected in Yahoo drafts (https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.c...ALL&sort=DA_AP). I focused on the top 100 players selected, as those players would have been selected in nearly every draft and then honed in on 20 who I felt are all but assured to be picked later for 2021-22 draft. How much later is where your votes come in, as you should vote for the ten players you believe will have the biggest drop in average draft position from 2020-21 to 2021-22. In other words, you should note where each of the 20 players was drafted on average and vote for the ten you believe will have the biggest gap between the average spot where they were drafted for this season versus where, on average, they will be drafted for 2021-22. Don't just vote reflexively, as you'll want to factor in players likely to be traded in the offseason or to sign with another team, those who might be playing for a new coach and/or with new linemates, and who could rebound over the rest of 2020-21, including in the playoffs.

In the poll I've listed the 20 players for whom you can vote, and - in parentheses next to their names - have indicated their average draft position for 2020-21. Be sure to vote for ten, as that way the poll can be more informative than if it was just limited to a few obvious choices.

Enjoy, and good luck in your fantasy playoffs.

Oh, and apologies for the typo on Timo Meier's name in the poll - I couldn't go back in and correct it.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Whose Draft Stock Will Fall the Most?

I would expect the biggest vote getters to be Hart, Price, and Laine. Maybe a new coach or another trade helps Laine’s stock. I’d also expect Rask to retire.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Whose Draft Stock Will Fall the Most?

Awesome idea/timing for this poll Rizz.

It was actually much easier than I anticipated... I started with the players I drafted this year... and finished my list lol.

To be honest I knew this year would be screwy and that slow-starters might not regress "in time" with the shortened season... but feel like I really drafted underperformers this year across a bunch of my leagues.

Was just about to move into "draft reflection" mode for a couple of leagues so thanks for getting it started!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji