Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How good will Shane Pinto be?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: How good will Shane Pinto be?

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Probably Kaut because the Avs.
    I like Kaut too. He has 32 points in his last 37 AHL games.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Now from what I have seen out of his first 3 games, what even players like Josh Norris said about his game, the idea people (even NHL people) believe that he has a future in Ottawa's top-six as either the 1LC or 2LC guy, and already declared their best face off man, and now this... ahhh The hype on this kid is getting real... and the eye test doesn't change that opinion.

Again it's all so new and fresh and clearly the kid is playing on adrenaline when most NHLers have played a long and grueling season considering the start date and how condensed this season was to make it work, but dayum if I am not finding myself a bit gushy.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200...ntre-1.1627668

Dobber Sports Genius

Good comparison. Ottawa would be ecstatic if he turned into that type of player.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Shane Pinto after 7 games in, 3 assists, 4 PIMs, +3, 7 Hits, 5 Blocked Shots, 5 Takeaways, 3 Giveaways. Not too shabby for a kid who has just started his professional career. Looks good from the eye test. So positionally smart, knows where to be to make the right play. Fans and even scouts in the system (Dave Poulin is also a massive fan), saying great stuff about this kid. How he can become a star. Ugh... I need a few goals before I even decide to protect him. Looking good so far centering that third line.

Dobber Sports Wizard

scored his first goal today
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Was a nice goal too... beauty rebound from a nice point shot. Now on a line with Tim Stutzle and Connor Brown. Saw nearly 16 mins of ice time, including 2 mins of PP time. 4 shots on goal in that game as well. 3 points in his last 4 games. Kid is heating up!

Dobber Sports Initiate

5 points in Pinto's last 5 games, avg of 15:30 TOI last two games playing between Tim Stützle and Connor Brown on the 2nd line with almost 2 mins on the power play. 2 points, +3, and won 6 of 8 draws on the dot against the Jets last game... This guy is looking more and more like a star each game. He looks like a seasoned vet vs. a NHL rookie only 10 games into his hockey career.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    5 points in Pinto's last 5 games, avg of 15:30 TOI last two games playing between Tim Stützle and Connor Brown on the 2nd line with almost 2 mins on the power play. 2 points, +3, and won 6 of 8 draws on the dot against the Jets last game... This guy is looking more and more like a star each game. He looks like a seasoned vet vs. a NHL rookie only 10 games into his hockey career.
    I think saying he's looking like a "star" might be a bit if a reach. A legit NHL players is probably a better description for the kid.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think saying he's looking like a "star" might be a bit if a reach. A legit NHL players is probably a better description for the kid.
    I think a good 2C penalty killing is probably his celling. Probably a 3C next few years
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Shhhhh Aexeman, I am pumping his tires in case any of my league's GMs read this in here. He's going to be a superstar actually. *wink wink* Of course it was a reach, but saying someone is a star and looks like one are two entirely different things. Let's look at a guy like Artemi Anisimov, he had every aspect of a star player... great size and an amazing skillset, or take Nikita Gusev as of recent. Or how about a guy who went 5th overall due to his skillset alone in (bet you haven't heard this name in a while), Stanislav Chistov... so yeah, it doesn't mean I think he'll become one. He does show shades of a star for what he's doing 10 games in as a 20-year-old rookie, and displaying this composure given his current situation. When you look like a seasoned-veteran and already showing to be the best defensive centerman on your team this early-in, as well as chipping in offensively to a point you're riding 5 points in your last 5 games, it's hard not to go there. I mean again, and this is all just adrenaline and playing during games where teams have been in burn out, trying to get their second wind for the playoffs, after playing a grueling 56 games in a few months, yeah, perhaps I am pumping the kid's tires a wee bit much, but his active stick, how he is able to read where the puck will be, and also use great positioning to cut the link between two players on the offence, or the fact he's so good at eating away scoring lanes and taking away options from the opposition. Then you add his knack to accumulate points without possessing any one elite strength, beyond having a very good hockey IQ... In fact, there have been many observations made he could be better than Josh Norris and could be the Ottawa Senator's top line centerman going forward. Again, it is all premature, but it all sounds and looks nice. But I digress, it has only been 10 games and we're talking towards the end of the season where the Ryan Poehlings put up hat tricks in their first games, and both team, media, and fans go into next season with these massive expectations.

Again, saying someone looks like a star and is one are two different things, well in this poster's mind. Also, way to ruin any chance of turning my pumpkin into a victorian style carriage.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    I think a good 2C penalty killing is probably his celling. Probably a 3C next few years
    Have you watched the games? Already moved up to the 2nd line, playing with Jimmy Stutzle and Connor Brown, getting 2 PP mins, now of course, this is just Coach DJ experimenting and seeing what these kids can bring, in meaningless games, but Pinto keeps passing the test. The idea he would start the year in the AHL, is now looking like it's not going to happen and don't be surprised if he finds his way as a top-six regular next year. Or you may very well be correct and he's a 3LC... but kid is too smart defensively to fall out of the top-9.

Also, HE'S A STAR! teehee

Dobber Sports Initiate

I really hope for OTT, they need all the help they can get down the middle!

I prefer to keep my expectation low
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)