Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Dobber NHL Playoff Draft - Discussion

The Great One

Default Re: 2021 Dobber NHL Playoff Draft - Discussion

I’d say let’s start the draft next Saturday 1 May...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I think if we go with the replacements at the end format, we probably only need a day, maybe a day and a half. Likely no more than a dozen replacements realistically, right?

In the Bubble Playoff league we basically said any replacement was acceptable as long as there were credible reports of the player not playing (other than coaches decision) - so COVID, injury, personal reason to opt out (Rask), etc. Essentially any sincere reason other than a change in heart about a selection haha.

People just need to be on the ball about letting us know which selections they want to replace so we can quickly make the replacement draft order.
    I'm good with that.

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I’d say let’s start the draft next Saturday 1 May...
    This works for me.

The Wolverine

When will you likely confirm the number of entrants and then set the draft order?

Administrator

Can someone give me a quick rundown of the rules? Not going to read through all of that lol

I should be good to go. I just need to be notified since I'm not around as much as in the past. I'll re-enable email notifications for PMs.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Can someone give me a quick rundown of the rules? Not going to read through all of that lol

I should be good to go. I just need to be notified since I'm not around as much as in the past. I'll re-enable email notifications for PMs.
    Scoring
    Skaters and Goalies
    Goal = 1 point,
    Assist = 1 point

Goalies
    Win = 1 points,
    shutout = 2 points

Goalies are team goalies - So you can draft Ottawa Goalies as opposed Matt Murray.

Rounds and Start Date -
    TBD will PM everyone

Replacement Players - How to replacePlayers drafted that ended up injured or on teams that get eliminated. Likely it will be at the end of the draft.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Here is what we are thinking:

12 participants X 14 rounds and start the draft on May 5. This gives us 11 days to draft 168 picks (15.27 picks per day)

Dobber Sports Titan

I think 12x12 makes more sense with both getting through the draft, and the depth of players picked. We don't have the added extra play-in round this year either, so that's a consideration as different than last year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think 12x12 makes more sense with both getting through the draft, and the depth of players picked. We don't have the added extra play-in round this year either, so that's a consideration as different than last year.
    Any other thoughts on this? Do we need to put it to a vote? Some have mentioned deeper and longer and starting earlier... others want less players and start even earlier... haha

12 X12 and Start May 7

VS

12 X14 and Start May 5

Depth of draft and start date are the two big things up for debate.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Any other thoughts on this? Do we need to put it to a vote? Some have mentioned deeper and longer and starting earlier... others want less players and start even earlier... haha

12 X12 and Start May 7

VS

12 X14 and Start May 5

either works for me, I dont think we want to start any earlier than those dates

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Wolverine

12 X12 and Start May 7

VS

12 X14 and Start May 5

Does this include the extra buffer time to pick replacements if needed?

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Does this include the extra buffer time to pick replacements if needed?
    Yes it would have to.

I don't think we will need too many replacement picks. We have a conservative group and mostly everyone is going to avoid players from the bubble teams until the picture is clearer or the very end of the draft.

​​

The Wolverine

12 X12 and Start May 7

VS

12 X14 and Start May 5

Yes it would have to.

I don't think we will need too many replacement picks. We have a conservative group and mostly everyone is going to avoid players from the bubble teams until the picture is clearer or the very end of the draft.
    How about 12 x 12 and start on May 6th? I'm with EB regarding roster depth compared to last year, and since weekends tend to be slower, starting on Thursday gives us an extra day head start just in case.

Also, that annoying guy who lives in Scotland who sometimes slows things down during the evenings. I hope I don't have to give too many lists as that takes away the fun of drafting.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    How about 12 x 12 and start on May 6th? I'm with EB regarding roster depth compared to last year, and since weekends tend to be slower, starting on Thursday gives us an extra day head start just in case.

Also, that annoying guy who lives in Scotland who sometimes slows things down during the evenings. I hope I don't have to give too many lists as that takes away the fun of drafting.
    Yup that sounds good. To me. May 6th start day and pmorrow or I will do the draft order a day or two earlier.

And yes, I was thinking how it would be nice if the Dobber Draft Order generator allowed for a condition such as this:

Overseas participants will be placed into either the first overall spot or the last overall spot to accomodate for that! Just kidding that would not be fair in any sense!

​​

Administrator

Yup that sounds good. To me. May 6th start day and pmorrow or I will do the draft order a day or two earlier.

And yes, I was thinking how it would be nice if the Dobber Draft Order generator allowed for a condition such as this:

Overseas participants will be placed into either the first overall spot or the last overall spot to accomodate for that! Just kidding that would not be fair in any sense!
    I totally forgot about that feature lol

I should start promoting it soon...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I totally forgot about that feature lol

I should start promoting it soon...
    I have used it several times since I found out about it!!

Should definitely promote it with playoff drafts coming up shortly!

​​