Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Expectations for Sam Bennett in Florida

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Expectations for Sam Bennett in Florida

There’s no miracle cure here. As the highest pick in franchise history, it’s not like they didn’t give him every opportunity to succeed. Bennett was supposed to be their no. 1 center for the long term.

Dobber Sports Star

I'll be watching closely... he's centring Huberdeau and Duclair tonight. A little chemistry/confidence, change of scenery etc... never know how this goes. For the first 450 GP of his career, Brad Marchand was a 50-point pest. Since then, with different usage, he's had a 90+ point pace for 337 GP. Now that's an extreme success story, and I'm by no means saying Bennett will all of a sudden pop.

Alls I'm saying is that I'll be watching, and it's not impossible nor that outlandish that he find a way to put the pieces together after being traded for the first time in his career (including junior!). If you've got a free roster spot to gamble on, this feels like a very solid gamble.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I grabbed him a week or so ago in Calgary, and he's been great. Had a good debut in FLorida last night with 2A, 1FW and 5 hits. If he keeps it up I will probably make him a keeper in my dynasty league-good deployment and category coverage, plus triple eligibility for flexible deployment.
    20-team dynasty cats League, Daily sets
    25 keepers, 2 rookies
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,GWG, FOW, Hits, BLKS, SOG, Goalie starts,GAA,SV%,SVS,W,

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

D: Dunn, Moser, Matheson, Mintyukov

G: Binnington, Fleury, Forsberg, Dostal, Rittich
    NA: Sogaard, Denisenko, Annunen

Administrator

His age and current hot streak are tempting but I think it's just a tease. This thread has it pretty good. His 36-point season is likely his peak or very close to it. No value outside of multi-cat leagues that fit his skill set.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

It's hard to say that he's too old to turn it around and have a top 6 career - he could easily still become a 2nd line player. Carolina gave up on Elias Lindholm at 24 at a 5th overall pick too and traded him to Calgary where he immediately posted a 78 point season in year 1. That being said, Lindholm had scored at a mid 40's pace though for a few seasons so his numbers are better than Bennett's, and Carolina wasn't a very good team when he was there, but still - there's still some hope (mind you it's minimal)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    It's hard to say that he's too old to turn it around and have a top 6 career - he could easily still become a 2nd line player. Carolina gave up on Elias Lindholm at 24 at a 5th overall pick too and traded him to Calgary where he immediately posted a 78 point season in year 1. That being said, Lindholm had scored at a mid 40's pace though for a few seasons so his numbers are better than Bennett's, and Carolina wasn't a very good team when he was there, but still - there's still some hope (mind you it's minimal)
    Caroline didn't give up on Lindholm, they moved him in a package to acquire Hamilton. Also, by the time he was moved, Lindholm already had four seasons better than Bennett's best.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Jesus Christ lmao

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I picked him up last week...just for streamer...but i can‘t drop him right now

Dobber Sports Sage

Beast mode!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Damn. Playoff player in Calgary. Good player on Florida?

Dobber Sports Star

Multicat dream so far! 3 GP, 3G, 2A, +7, 17 PIM, 14 hits, 9 SOG is crazy! And icetime is up in the 16+ range (excluding game misconducts!!), 51% in the dot... WTF!

Most importantly, it seems like he's got chemistry playing C with Huberdeau. Need the sample size to get bigger, but jesus what a start!

Dobber Sports Superstar

For me the bottom line here is Bennet evolving into a solid multi cat option. I think there still remains hope for that. In a points only, well, I think most agree that that ship has sailed.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    Multicat dream so far! [FONT=Roboto]3 GP, 3G, 2A, +7, 17 PIM, 14 hits, 9 SOG is crazy! And icetime is up in the 16+ range (excluding game misconducts!!), 51% in the dot... WTF!

I traded Isac Lundstrom and a late, late pick for him last year. Maybe the trade will turn into a big win.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Star

After last night's game of 0 pts and -1 in 21 minutes of ice (10 on the PP!!), I need to change my opinion.

BUST

Dobber Sports Pro

It’s my fault. I picked him up in my one year points only league to replace Garland. Bennett continues to disappoint Flames fans.