Thread: Which C for playoffs?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Which C for playoffs?

Hey guys, clinched my spot and trying to prep my roster for next week through May 8th (Yahoo playoffs).

I added Galchenyuk as a streaming 3rd C for this week, but don't really think he's worth holding anymore. My only other Cs (Kuz & Marchessault) don't inspire too much confidence either. Caps only have 2 games next week, and March is a shots machine (which I don't need), but isn't prime deployment to sustain his production (great schedule though so I will probably still keep).

There are a decent amount of tempting Centers in FA and I need some help picking the right one:

PLD - hasn't been super productive, ice-time fluctuates, PP2, 3/3/4 game schedule
    Dach - L1 & PP1 but points haven't really come yet. 3/3/4 game schedule
    Monahan - cut him a couple weeks back, seems like he's in Suter's doghouse, but now 2 goals in last 3, 4/3/4 schedule
    Norris - L1 & PP1, has had the rookie streaks but producing now, 3/3/4 schedule
    Stephenson/Nosek - not quite sure of deployment, but both have been producing and have 4/4/4 schedule, but do I wan't to roster another VGK?

Of course my other option is to trade (I have no deadline) - defensemen are most in demand, but there's also a team or two that needs a goalie and is fighting for their life this week.

Possible targets: Benn (C/LW), Copp (C/LW), Schenn (C/RW), Ek, or maybe a bigger name if I splurge and move a bigger name off my team.

Any thoughts?
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Which C for playoffs?

To be fair, all of the available guys are middling kind of players and any of them have the ability to be productive. Knowing which one will help is a total crapshoot. If Monahan has more games, I'd probably gamble on him just for that reason.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Which C for playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    To be fair, all of the available guys are middling kind of players and any of them have the ability to be productive. Knowing which one will help is a total crapshoot. If Monahan has more games, I'd probably gamble on him just for that reason.
    Agreed. My biggest category weaknesses are A and PPP, and I'm middling in Hits. Figure my best bet is aiming for a centerman who plays with talented wingers and gets PP1, banger status a plus. Also seems like guys in the West have the best off night schedules to minimize conflicts.

I dropped Monahan because he's been pretty awful and not playing with the Johnny or Tkachuk. His S% is awful too and bound to regress (maybe we're starting to see it now). I suppose I could add him back to stream next week and then cut bait after Wed if he hasn't produced in the first two.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek