Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Yahoo not extending the fantasy hockey season?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Yahoo not extending the fantasy hockey season?

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Has Yahoo also been miscalculating the Projected Games Played remaining as well?

I got to my end of season planning and counted out the games I want to use to get me to the end of the season....

Well the Yahoo projected is off by at least 10 games at each position.
    I just went through to see. using frozen tools to calculate games remaining, if you set to May 8th and calculate gaems remaining, they all come up way short. If you set it to end of season, the numbers in Yahoo make sense. basically the games played calculator in yahoo is assuming all the rescheduled games are played.
    2023 Champ
    11 Teams - 24 player rosters - 12 Keepers (max 2 goalies)
    Yahoo rotisserie - 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN ,2IR
    G, A, PPP, SHP, HITS, +-, PIM, BK, GS, W,GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Lindholm, Stephenson, Norris
    LW: Robertson,
    Fiala, Bertuzzi, Boldy,
    RW: Miller, Tarasenko, Seguin, Ehlers
    D: Hamilton, Karlsson,
    Bouchard, Nurse, Dobson, Larsson
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin
    B: Husso, Tippett, McCabe, TT.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Oh god tell me it's not true.
    It is very true. I am very not happy right now.

I have been sitting players for games because my projected has been right in the (+1, 0 -1) range for the last month..

That is bush league Yahoo!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Star

i dont know what yahoo uses to calculate projected GP but i noticed it was off back in mid-february and i alerted one of my buddies in one of my leagues as a heads up. i assumed it was likely due to so many postponed games throwing whatever tracking mechanism out of whack but when it didnt fix itself when more or less every team was back to normal i manually counted how many games my players had left starting in early-April.

the issue only has gotten worse it seems. what exacerbates the problem is that 90%+ of the teams play on the same days in the final week so it'll be difficult to make up games played. May 1st/3rd/8th basically everyone plays. Large majority plays on May 5th.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    i dont know what yahoo uses to calculate projected GP but i noticed it was off back in mid-february and i alerted one of my buddies in one of my leagues as a heads up. i assumed it was likely due to so many postponed games throwing whatever tracking mechanism out of whack but when it didnt fix itself when more or less every team was back to normal i manually counted how many games my players had left starting in early-April.

the issue only has gotten worse it seems. what exacerbates the problem is that 90%+ of the teams play on the same days in the final week so it'll be difficult to make up games played. May 1st/3rd/8th basically everyone plays. Large majority plays on May 5th.
    You would have received major REP around these parts if you shared it with all your Dobber friends!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    You would have received major REP around these parts if you shared it with all your Dobber friends!!
    sorry, i couldnt. at least half the league is on the dobber forums so i didnt want to inadvertently help my competition!!
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    sorry, i couldnt. at least half the league is on the dobber forums so i didnt want to inadvertently help my competition!!
    oh balls, i just did the math on one of my teams, for Defense, Yahoo says I have 44 games left and I am right on track (0) for games played. Just counted and I only have 34 scheduled games until May 8th, so I'm actually -10! Dammit!!!!
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    oh balls, i just did the math on one of my teams, for Defense, Yahoo says I have 44 games left and I am right on track (0) for games played. Just counted and I only have 34 scheduled games until May 8th, so I'm actually -10! Dammit!!!!
    Oh god. This is why I made my own spreadsheet a few weeks back. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone though. It's been a pain.

Dobber Sports Guru

I guess this is a good argument for extending the season for roto leagues where possible.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I guess this is a good argument for extending the season for roto leagues where possible.
    It definitely softens the blow.