Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Trade] Haydn Fleury to Anaheim

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/st...590699523?s=19

Haydn Fleury has been traded to Anaheim
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: [Trade] Haydn Fleury to Anaheim

This will be a great place for Fleury and I like the move for Anaheim as well.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Wow, I love this deal for Anaheim. Curious why they could only get a 6th+Hakanpaa
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hakanpaa is a pending UFA as well

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think CAR realized Fleury was gone in the Seattle Expansion draft... so might as well get something (anything) for him.
    Anaheim is safely away from playoff contention.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hakanpaa is probably a better player than Fleury right now, but he is also riding unsustainable percentages

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I think CAR realized Fleury was gone in the Seattle Expansion draft... so might as well get something (anything) for him.
    Anaheim is safely away from playoff contention.
    This is such a terrible thought process. Every team (except Vegas) is going to have 1 player chosen in the expansion draft. Trading Fleury for nothing means that Carolina is now losing Fleury and the next guy on the list.

Carolina only made this deal because they thought that Hakanpaa gave them a better chance to win this year which is also not a good idea.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Hakanpaa adds some serious sandpaper. 4 hits per game and over 2min PKTOI. he's a different type of player than the rest on the back end for Carolina - so I get it from their end.

it's a really nice move by the Ducks too. He's going to become a good NHL Dman. probably nothing much fantasy wise unless you're in a super deep league.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    This is such a terrible thought process. Every team (except Vegas) is going to have 1 player chosen in the expansion draft. Trading Fleury for nothing means that Carolina is now losing Fleury and the next guy on the list.

Carolina only made this deal because they thought that Hakanpaa gave them a better chance to win this year which is also not a good idea.

If there isn't a Seattle expansion draft looming... I don't think this trade happens.
    I think Carolina would've (instead) paid a draft pick straight up for Hakanpaa rental, if they think he's upgrade. (but no reason to move Fleury - just bump him off top 6D).

So saying Carolina only made this deal because they thought that Hakanpaa gave them a better chance to win this year... also seems like a terrible thought process, to me.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    If there isn't a Seattle expansion draft looming... I don't think this trade happens.
    I think Carolina would've (instead) paid a draft pick straight up for Hakanpaa rental, if they think he's upgrade. (but no reason to move Fleury - just bump him off top 6D).

So saying Carolina only made this deal because they thought that Hakanpaa gave them a better chance to win this year... also seems like a terrible thought process, to me.
    This logic is flawed because Carolina is still going to lose one player in the expansion draft. If they acquire Hakanpaa for a draft pick and then lose Fleury in the expansion draft, they would have been better off then moving Fleury in the Hakanpaa trade and then losing another player (ie Pesce or Trocheck or Niederreiter or whoever the 2nd best player that would not have been protected if they kept Fleury).