Thread: Trade Byram for draft pick?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trade Byram for draft pick?

Limited keeper with salary cap using AAV so 3,394M for Byram.

With team in sig (keep 4 D) should I trade him for whatever I can get?

Thanks!
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Trade Byram for draft pick?

Guess I'm wondering if he could become a keeper option for me!?

Are my keepers for sure Carlson, Hughes, Theodore and Smith? Kinda pushing it keeping that much salary on D (guessing Hughes around 6M)...
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd prefer Hughes over Byram as a keeper. Byram could become a keeper, but it's risky - needs Makar or Girard to go away, which is very unlikely.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

BUMP

Revisiting this post in hopes of getting more input. League in sig. Limited keeper. Points only. Salary cap using AAV.

3 sure keepers : Q. Hughes (rfa), Theodore ($5,2), Smith ($1,263).

Is Byram worth my last keeper spot at $3,394? Possible 4th rounder was offered to me for Byram (not sure if still on table)... take that if possible? Try to package something to acquire someone like Boqvist, Sandin, Fox (dreaming), Dobson, etc. ?

This might not be popular, but most likely not protecting Carlson at $8M with Hughes about to get paid and already protecting a lot of $$$ with my forwards. Rather spend money on forwards than D.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Dobber Sports Genius

I’d try to come up with a package and get better dman. Makar, Toews and Girard are all going to affect his TOI. I think he’s talented enough to push up to #2 but how long will it take? Good luck
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Superstar

Byram is in a tough spot. The Av's blueline is stacked and is likely to remain in tact for a few more years. Opportunity is not knocking on Byram's door. He will be an excellent D Man in the league but he is going to have to bide his time or hope for injuries or something else unforseen to happen before he can hit his stride. I think you need to try and move him, the CAP to hang onto him is just not a good contract for the next few years. Do you actually need to protect 4 D Men here? If so, Ty Smith is a nice contract to have in your back pocket. I would also recommend a package deal approach. Try and trade quantity for quality.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    I’d try to come up with a package and get better dman.
    Any suggestions on who you'd be targeting in a trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I think you need to try and move him, the CAP to hang onto him is just not a good contract for the next few years. Do you actually need to protect 4 D Men here? If so, Ty Smith is a nice contract to have in your back pocket. I would also recommend a package deal approach. Try and trade quantity for quality.
    Yes we have to protect 4 D men. Ty Smith at his salary with 2 years remaining is an easy keeper for me. Others are Hughes and Theodore.

Who would you target in a trade? Keep in mind I rather spend big $$$ on forwards so looking for D men on the cheap.

Dobber Sports Superstar

In a points only format it is extremely difficult to find cheap D that can significantly contribute. Offensive D men that are fantasy relevant are paid accordingly. However, I would suggest you take a look at some young D who are either still on they're ELC or are needing new contracts that shouldn't be excessive. As an example, Eric Brannstrom in Ottawa. He should contribute decent offensive numbers but his next contract should be affordable. There are others for sure, recommend you try and find a few like that and make some offers. If you want a 50+ point D man, you are just going to have to pay. However, if you can find that D Man who is one contract away from the big money, well, that's what you want to do (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf