Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blues/Wild game possibly cancelled

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Blues/Wild game possibly cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Another African American is killed by a cop during a routine traffic stop, in the city where the George Floyd murder trial is underway, and you can’t make this connection?
    Let me fix that for you:

Another African American resisting arrest and got shot (accidentally in this case) because of it. Again, if the suspect was white we wouldn't even hear of it. So enough of it already. I'm gonna walk away from this conversation as it likely isn't going to end pretty.

I think it's bull, and you can have your opinion. I don't idolize criminals (white OR black).

Cheers

Dobber Sports Pro

If the suspect was white we likely wouldn’t have another police shooting to talk about.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    If the suspect was white we likely wouldn’t have another police shooting to talk about.
    considering the officer accidentally shot instead of tasered, yes we would have as the same outcome would have happened.

Lastly, because we are on a hockey forum here and not a BLM forum, we are more than entitled to be upset over hockey games postponements when we are in a weird season where not all games may get played that we might need in a race for first.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I was hoping everyone would ignore the clear attempt at provocation. But since the conversation's turned that way, let's at least acknowledge the city has implemented a 7pm curfew in the interests of public safety. Regardless of whether anyone thinks the NHL is just trying to be "woke," you're talking about having league officials, players, arena staff etc needing to get to and from the arena during a volatile time.

Some things are just bigger than a game, and our precious fantasy games at that.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek