Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Hall to Bruins

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: [TRADE] Hall to Bruins

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The galaxy-braining half the hockey world is doing to try and defend Kevyn from accounting is truly mind-blowing.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Icon

Random question but where can I bet some money that Taylor Hall scores a goal tomorrow night?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Random question but where can I bet some money that Taylor Hall scores a goal tomorrow night?
    I could see Hall scoring a goal. And ending the night a -3. He was pretty much useless in every aspect of the game this year (unless you could the ability to shoot a lot without scoring). Outside of that, he brought nothing. His effort level was very disappointing...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Probably already said, but Buffalo Sabres did alright considering it was a NMC and Hall dictated where he wanted to go. When you make your market down to one team, you get what you get. Same shit happened with Winnipeg when they dealt Trouba, mind you he was an RFA and said he would only sign with the Rangers. Also one is a rental and the other was a more of a long term deal. So the return was better for the Jets, but still they could have gotten more since teams like Pittsburgh were offering more, but when the player dictates the terms, they reduce the return a team can expect. Kind of shitty for the team and their fanbase. But alas, that's how hockey is today.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I could see Hall scoring a goal. And ending the night a -3. He was pretty much useless in every aspect of the game this year (unless you could the ability to shoot a lot without scoring). Outside of that, he brought nothing. His effort level was very disappointing...
    Just about every possible advanced stat you could reference disagrees with this, other than the not scoring part. Hall was still an elite transition and playmaking player in Buffalo.

Dobber Sports Initiate

so your saying the Sabres are gonna score 3 tomorrow nite? all joking aside, what your saying in regards to effort level in concerning. Especially from a professional at his level getting the salary he earns or doesn't earn. I am hoping that the accountability in Boston will raise that level of effort. Maybe the winning culture in Boston inspires him to play at the level he is capable of and that he has shown in the past. Being the focal point of the teams he has played seems to have worn on him and maybe he is just not that type of leader. Maybe not having to be "the guy" in Boston will work well for him. If not then the stay in Boston will be short.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    so your saying the Sabres are gonna score 3 tomorrow nite? all joking aside, what your saying in regards to effort level in concerning. Especially from a professional at his level getting the salary he earns or doesn't earn. I am hoping that the accountability in Boston will raise that level of effort. Maybe the winning culture in Boston inspires him to play at the level he is capable of and that he has shown in the past. Being the focal point of the teams he has played seems to have worn on him and maybe he is just not that type of leader. Maybe not having to be "the guy" in Boston will work well for him. If not then the stay in Boston will be short.
    I do think a change of scenery could help; it just seems like Hall had already "mailed it in". I watched a number of games where the away announcers literally said things like, "Hall just isn't moving his leagues", "I'd like to seem him use his speed more", etc. He doesn't kill penalties. He isn't a physical force. He doesn't stake that hard. Without scoring goals, he was completely useless.

I find it laughable that people think Hall should have gotten move than a player like Nick Foligno. Nick is described as the "heart and soul of the team". Hits. Kills penalties. Plays his frigging heart out. Is miserable to play against. It's like people think Taylor Hall should get a first round pick because of the player he used to be. He's been awful and overpaid for 2 years. Two goals playing with Eichel. Are you kidding me?

I do think a change of scenery could help; it just seems like Hall had already "mailed it in". I watched a number of games where the away announcers literally said things like, "Hall just isn't moving his leagues", "I'd like to seem him use his speed more", etc. He doesn't kill penalties. He isn't a physical force. He doesn't stake that hard. Without scoring goals, he was completely useless.

I find it laughable that people think Hall should have gotten move than a player like Nick Foligno. Nick is described as the "heart and soul of the team". Hits. Kills penalties. Plays his frigging heart out. Is miserable to play against. It's like people think Taylor Hall should get a first round pick because of the player he used to be. He's been awful and overpaid for 2 years. Two goals playing with Eichel. Are you kidding me?
    No kidding! 2.3% shooting percentage for a career 10% shooter, the bum can't even shoot the puck at an ECHL quality anymore! That's how that works right?

This is a good deal for Buffalo, because they had basically no other options to deal with. Nice job by Hall & his agent getting the NMC.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Hall really never played very much with Eichel. Started the season on Eichel's wing but was moved to the second line pretty quick and only got PP time with Eichel. And Then Eichel got hurt. Really not fair to say Hall was playing with Eichel. But meh. Hall did look pretty bad most nights. I only watched a half a dozen games, but in that time I saw a pretty disinterested Hall more often than not.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Immortal

I picked up Hall in a shallow league where I have a bye locked up. Fingers crossed.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I picked up Hall in a shallow league where I have a bye locked up. Fingers crossed.
    I don't think Hall could have found a much better landing spot. Boston has a great schedule. I snagged him up in one league too.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    I don't think Hall could have found a much better landing spot. Boston has a great schedule. I snagged him up in one league too.
    Just hope he can sneak onto that top PP.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Hall really never played very much with Eichel. Started the season on Eichel's wing but was moved to the second line pretty quick and only got PP time with Eichel. And Then Eichel got hurt. Really not fair to say Hall was playing with Eichel. But meh. Hall did look pretty bad most nights. I only watched a half a dozen games, but in that time I saw a pretty disinterested Hall more often than not.
    That's not quite accurate.

In 10 games in January, Eichel played alongside Hall for at least 120 of Hall's 160 even-strength minutes. So at least 75 per cent of the time.

Then Buffalo didn't play for two weeks. When they got back, it's true Hall and Eichel were split up at even strength for six games.

Then Eichel missed a couple of games, and was back Feb. 28. From that date to March 7 (Eichel's last game), the Sabres played five games. In those games, Hall played about 75 minutes at even strength, at least 40 minutes alongside Eichel. That's 53 per cent. Not as much as at the start of the season, but Eichel was still Hall's top linemate in March before Eichel came out of the lineup. (For comparison, Staal and Okposo were Hall's next two most frequent linemates in those five games, both just over 30 minutes).

So for Hall, it went from playing mostly with Eichel, to hardly playing with Eichel, to playing slightly more than half the time with Eichel. I think since Eichel was Hall's most frequent linemate for 15 of 21 games, it is fair to say Hall was playing with Eichel.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Just hope he can sneak onto that top PP.
    Not yet at least.

https://twitter.com/FlutoShinzawa/st...88456268660738

PP1: Reilly, Pastrnak, Marchand, Bergeron, Ritchie
    PP2: McAvoy, Krejci, Hall, Smith, DeBrusk
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."