Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: [TRADE] Hall to Bruins

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: [TRADE] Hall to Bruins

It will be in the next few months when we really find out if Hall is just in it for the money. If he really wants to win, he signs a cheapish multi-year extension in Boston and rides them out while their Cup contention is still on. If he only cares about himself and the money, he will hit the UFA market this summer.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    It will be in the next few months when we really find out if Hall is just in it for the money. If he really wants to win, he signs a cheapish multi-year extension in Boston and rides them out while their Cup contention is still on. If he only cares about himself and the money, he will hit the UFA market this summer.
    So if he hits UFA and then signs the same cheaper deal with Colorado, Toronto, Carolina, Tampa, Florida, Vegas, Washington, Pittsburgh, New York he only cares about himself and the money?

Everyone is so desperate to assassinate Taylor Hall's character and blame him for his team's performances when he was drafted by a garbage organization, traded to another one, and traded to a third one. The only one he chose was this season in Buffalo, and oh yea the market of teams who could pay him was incredibly depressed because of a global pandemic and Jeff Skinner just got an $9x8 deal playing on Jack Eichel's wing for a season so it was a pretty smart gamble.

Since Hall entered the league in 2010-2011 Buffalo is 31 in pts%, Edmonton is 30, Arizona is 29, and New Jersey is 27. Only one of those teams did he choose to go to and he was there for 30 games. Spare me with this garbage that Hall doesn't care about winning and he's the reason his teams do bad. His teams do bad because they're garbage organizations, that nobody including Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jack Eichel, Jack Hughes, Nico Hischier, Zach Parise, Ilya Kovalchuk can lift out of the dumpster.

Dobber Sports Deity

Last summer, Hall had earned the right to become a UFA. He controlled his destination. He signed with Buffalo. I find it hard to believe that he went to Buffalo because he thought it was the best place to go and give himself a shot at winning a Stanley Cup. No, he went there because they were the highest bid and most likely because of the NTC. Both Colorado and Boston were in on Hall last summer and he could have chosen either spot but he didn't. Sure, the temptation to play with Eichel was probably a nice tease too but there's no way Buffalo is winning a Stanley Cup.

Hall could have chosen a team that had a legit shot at winning but at a reduced salary compared to what he currently is enjoying. He made his choice and so be it. Again, that was his right.

Thanks s coming summer, he'll have that right again. I'm willing to bet he chooses differently the next time around.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

small sample but so far im lovin the look of this Krejci to Hall connection!
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    small sample but so far im lovin the look of this Krejci to Hall connection!
    may need to re-sign Krejci if Hall signs.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I honestly hope he does. I'll be surprised if he does, but I would be happy to see it.

I also wont be surprised to see him re-sign for less money to stay in Boston after this season. Something he should have done to begin with. Not necessarily Boston per se, but signed for less money on a good team where he didn't need to be the focus every night. Someplace he could come in, do what he does best which is drive the play and generate offense on a good team.
    i consider this the phil kessel role in pittsburgh. theres probably better examples in history, but this one comes to mind.

its ok for a UFA to not make the right choice like hall did with buffalo. we can debate for days whether hes greedy or a winner but he corrected his mistake by choosing Boston. We'll see what he does in the playoffs then what he does in the offseason.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Monster

6 points in his last 6!

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Last summer, Hall had earned the right to become a UFA. He controlled his destination. He signed with Buffalo. I find it hard to believe that he went to Buffalo because he thought it was the best place to go and give himself a shot at winning a Stanley Cup. No, he went there because they were the highest bid and most likely because of the NTC. Both Colorado and Boston were in on Hall last summer and he could have chosen either spot but he didn't. Sure, the temptation to play with Eichel was probably a nice tease too but there's no way Buffalo is winning a Stanley Cup.

Hall could have chosen a team that had a legit shot at winning but at a reduced salary compared to what he currently is enjoying. He made his choice and so be it. Again, that was his right.

Thanks s coming summer, he'll have that right again. I'm willing to bet he chooses differently the next time around.
    Totally agree. Hall has controlled his destiny most of the time. He went to Buffalo because of the opportunity to play with Eichel. This duo should have dominated and yet they had 4 goals between them. I don't know Hall personally but i'm willing to bet he's an arrogant ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Totally agree. Hall has controlled his destiny most of the time. He went to Buffalo because of the opportunity to play with Eichel. This duo should have dominated and yet they had 4 goals between them. I don't know Hall personally but i'm willing to bet he's an arrogant ass.
    What part of Edmonton, New Jersey, and Arizona was he able to control?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    What part of Edmonton, New Jersey, and Arizona was he able to control?
    I did say most of the time. Not Edmonton or New Jersey, but i'm pretty sure he had say about Arizona.

I don’t specifically remember all of the circumstances around his trade to Arizona, but he certainly didn’t have a NTC so I’m not sure how much control he had over that. But let’s be generous and say he had complete control over it.

Taylor Hall has played 79 of 671 games in destinations he controlled.
    Taylor Hall has played 2 of 11 seasons in situations he controlled.

I guess if we’re defining 12% (games) or 18% (seasons) as most then that’s a fun change to that definition! By that same token, I guess Taylor Hall has spent “most” of his time in the league as an MVP!

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I met him in the restaurant industry many times. He regularly treated fans who asked for his autograph and the serve staff and management like shit. I can literally tell you 5 or 6 incidents where his actions and words were so horrible, you wouldn’t believe me. As a manager the last time I saw him, I told him that I didn’t care who he was, if he ever treated one of my staff or other patron like that again, I would ask him to leave and never come back. And this was him freaking out over a 12 year old girl, who also happened to be wearing a Taylor Hall jersey. He gave me a backhanded apology and I flat out said to him “Don’t apologize to me, you see that little girl over there crying? That’s who you need to apologize to “. He left the restaurant without saying anything to her while Nuge and Eberle talked to the girl and her family.

I can’t imagine the pressure of being in the public eye like that, but I can say, confidently, that he is a pretty horrible human being. He thinks the world revolves around him and is one of the most arrogant and selfish people I have ever met. I was SO happy that we were able to get Larsson for him when he left Edmonton. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit to hear that he was in it for the money.

Rylant

Dobber Sports All-Star

I could be wrong, but I don't remember Hall complaining about playing in Edmonton. At least not until a better player than him came along. He was quite happpy to be drafted number 1, as would any player. Also, I would think you could say the same about most players in the NHL in regards to situations they control.

A player with his natural talent should be able to produce regardless of the team, so I believe that's just a cop out. However, his worst season has been in the situation he had total control over and his best, in situations he didn't.

The Great One

Hall wanted to go to Boston last off season and Boston wanted him but didn't have the cap space. Hall didn't want to wait around for Boston to make the cap space and risk losing out on Buffalo's $8 million offer with the NTC. Yes, he "chose" Buffalo, but it's not where he wanted to be. He wanted to be in Boston...and he used his NMC leverage to ensure that he want to Boston or nowhere.

This is why I find it amusing to trash Buffalo's return, or asset management, or compare the Hall return to other players traded that didn't have a NMC. Buffalo had NOTHING last summer. They signed Hall without giving up any assets, and had to give a NMC to get this done. While I would have loved a first round pick, it was clear that wasn't going to happen well before deadline day. There are so many examples of Buffalo being incompetent; this isn't one of them.

As for Hall re-signing in Boston, I think it comes down to Boston's cap situation (which I haven't examined closely). I don't expect to him to take a massive home discount, and why should he?

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Hall wanted to go to Boston last off season and Boston wanted him but didn't have the cap space. Hall didn't want to wait around for Boston to make the cap space and risk losing out on Buffalo's $8 million offer with the NTC. Yes, he "chose" Buffalo, but it's not where he wanted to be. He wanted to be in Boston...and he used his NMC leverage to ensure that he want to Boston or nowhere.

This is why I find it amusing to trash Buffalo's return, or asset management, or compare the Hall return to other players traded that didn't have a NMC. Buffalo had NOTHING last summer. They signed Hall without giving up any assets, and had to give a NMC to get this done. While I would have loved a first round pick, it was clear that wasn't going to happen well before deadline day. There are so many examples of Buffalo being incompetent; this isn't one of them.

As for Hall re-signing in Boston, I think it comes down to Boston's cap situation (which I haven't examined closely). I don't expect to him to take a massive home discount, and why should he?
    Most credible reports indicate that Buffalo turned down the Palmieri package rather than Hall or the Islanders.

So no, that wasn’t clear.