Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Foligno to Leafs

Dobber Sports Monster

Default [TRADE] Foligno to Leafs

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/...63243239768066

#Leafs trade 2021 1st round pick and 2022 4th round pick to #CBJ in exchange for Nick Foligno.

#Leafs trade 2021 4th round pick to #sjsharks, get Foligno at 25% of his cap hit. Stefan Noesen also goes from SJS to CBJ.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

Default Re: [TRADE] Foligno to Leafs

This is dumb. What does this player do for the Leafs?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

1st and 2022 4th to CBJ, 2021 4th to SJ, Leafs get Noesen and Foligno at 25% of his salary
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Immortal

That's a lot to give up for Foligno....

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

A seasoned winger with a ton of grit and leadership qualities. I’ll take it. Didn’t lose any top prospects. Shouldn’t mess with the chemistry. He can play 2nd or 3rd line letting Gally and Hyman play in the top 6... or Hyman drop to 3rd line. And he comes super cheap!

I’ll take it. Not sure they’re done.

They don’t get Noesen.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/...63243239768066

#Leafs trade 2021 1st round pick and 2022 4th round pick to #CBJ in exchange for Nick Foligno.

#Leafs trade 2021 4th round pick to #sjsharks, get Foligno at 25% of his cap hit. Stefan Noesen also goes from SJS to CBJ.

. Its a fabulous trade for the Leafs. So you lose basically a low end first round pick to take a good kick at the can to win the Stanley Cup? Yessir, you do it.
    This market needs a Cup, wants a Cup and this team CAN win the Cup - so you put your cards on the table and giddy up.

The Great One

They should have spent this capital on a player that pushed Galchenyuk or Hyman down the line-up. Not one that pushed them up. They already have Spezza, Simmonds, Thornton for this role.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Initiate

Let's plan the parade in Toronto folks #sarcasm

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    They should have spent this capital on a player that pushed Galchenyuk or Hyman down the line-up. Not one that pushed them up. They already have Spezza, Simmonds, Thornton for this role.
    I think Hyman is excellent with Matthews and Marner and Gally has looked very good in the top 6. I don't think they needed another top 6. I was really hoping they would get another dman and 3rd string goalie. In terms of this trade, look what the Islanders paid for Palmieri and Zajac. The Isles got more for their 1st round pick IMO.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

I said it when they acquired Nash and I'll say it again.

Who moves down the lineup and who gets bumped out? Is he a top six winger or a 3rd line guy?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Big Daddy

I like it. Cost seems like a bit much but a late first in a draft class where most of these kids haven’t played hockey in a full year isn’t so bad. They want to win now and these are the types of players they’ve lacked in the past.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I said it when they acquired Nash and I'll say it again.

Who moves down the lineup and who gets bumped out? Is he a top six winger or a 3rd line guy?
    I think he bumps Nash out. Which makes that first deal a bit weird, in that I don't think getting Nash earlier mattered that much, and they got a much better player from Columbus this time.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Disagree! Leafs could have done NOTHING on their front end and they’re already better with Gally finding his stride. Don’t want to push him down and treat him like all other teams have. Foligno fits perfect. LW 2 or 3 allowing Hyman to play on the 3rd line which is what they want while still letting him easily slot in next to Matthews when needed. Foligno is a role player and brings the much needed grit.

But I totally understand a Hab fan not believing in Gally... or experiencing sour grapes.

Excellent move Dubas. Let’s see atleast 1 more tomorrow.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I think he bumps Nash out. Which makes that first deal a bit weird, in that I don't think getting Nash earlier mattered that much, and they got a much better player from Columbus this time.
    You guys do realize the true reason for getting Nash was cap flexibility? I think Nash may never Dawn a Leaf jersey and he’s served his purpose for a conditional 7th.

Nash was taking no one out of the line up unless there were injuries or they didn’t believe in Engval.

Dobber Sports Titan

Nash was acquired to open up space I think, and you end up getting someone for the playoffs if there's an injury. This is the Patrick Kane LTIR thing to a much lesser extent

I think both players take Engvall, Simmonds, or Thornton type of spot.

Foligno can play center if I recall correctly, it's not his primary position, but he's able to. Matthews or JT go down, Engvall becomes the 2nd line center, which is not ideal. So this at least gives them flexibility.

I think the fact they got him for 1mill, I think they aren't done. So this deal alone...I think it's "ya ok we get it, might not all like it", but if its a part of the next step then it's cool.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll