Thread: Stashes for next season

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Stashes for next season

Who are your top keeper league stashes for next season, whether they be in the minors or players in the NHL poised to break out?
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Stashes for next season

B. BYRAM, E Bouchard, Vladar, Swayman

Dobber Sports Novice

Im hoping Byfield, Rossi, Newhook Lundell, Vilardi cause I have them on my squad
    12 Team: Keep 26; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 3 Farm; 3 Bench

Scoring Cats: G - 1PT, A - 1PT, PPG - 1PT, SHG - 2PT, SOG - 1PT / Goalies - W - 2PT SO - 2PT

F: Huberdeau, Kucherov, Guentzel, Barkov, Norris, Crosby, Svechnikov, Schenn, JT Miller, Lundell, Killhorn

D: Klingberg, Rielly, Pionk, Fox, DeAngelo, Hughes

G: Hart, Fleury, Lehner

BENCH: Courtier, Ellis, Batherson

FARM: Rossi, Byfield, Lysell

Dobber Sports Initiate

For me it was Cole Caufield until this bonehead traded him away because I am obsessed with 3 peating. Either way, big things expected. Should make an immediate impact. I think he's a safe bet to break 20 goals as a rookie. 30 could happen if the stars align.

Dylan Cozens' coming out party should be next season, as this year he's just getting the feel. I am sure he'll be deployed in the top-six and get every opportunity to succeed with a much better Buffalo Sabres team with an identity and actual direction. Under Ralph Krueger, that didn't seem to be the case. Either way, I think you'll see 20 goals and 40+ points, and a player who could become a staple 70 point player in his prime years.

But you guys already know about those high profile prospects, so how about these guys;

Johannes Kinnvall is one of the more talented and intelligent offensive players not in the NHL. Calgary is in desperate need of offence on the backend, especially with Gio being potentially lost to Seattle or being aged out. I suspect a 25-30 point season, gradually earning more PP time as the season goes on. Or he can end up another Lawrence Pilut.

Brennan Menell is in the same position as Kinnvall. Smart talented offensive defenseman. Could end up being similar in production or another Pilut. Minnesota could use an offensive boost on the back end. He'll have some competition, but if he brings it he could add to their D core.

Nicolas Beaudin is the smartest offensive dman in the Hawks system, which includes Adam Boqvist. Not better overall or more complete.. just how he reads plays and moves the puck on the PP. I am very high on this kid. Just a tad small but won't hurt him as we have seen players like Torey Krug and Jared Spurgeon excel. I suspect we'll see coach Jeremy Colliton giving him closer to 20 minutes per game and top PP time, so think around 30+ points.

And while Philipp Kurashev is already establishing himself as an NHLer, I feel a break out could happen as early as next season. I see shades of Pavel Datsyuk in his game in how he skates and picks his spots. Also see similarities in the way he can dance around players in tight spaces and get off his underrated shot. Kid has a good ceiling. Whether he reaches that depends on him. I can see 40+ points for him as early as next season, then the next step would be 60 points.

John Leonard is like Kurashev, NHLer as of now, but potential to be a good one. Where he lacks that hockey intellect that Kurashev shows, Leonard's combination of his shot, shiftiness and decent legs opens up options for him. I see Leonard as a safe bet to score 15-20 goals in a top-nine role, with even the potential of topping out as a top-six 25-30 goal guy. I feel Kurashev is a safer bet to reach his ceiling, but don't count Leonard out. He could be another Cam Atkinson in the making. Or at the very least, a poor man's version.

Okay, so this one's World Juniors performance kind of made people take notice, but despite that, Samuel Fagemo has gone undetected in a lot of leagues (he didn't get picked up until half-way through my very deep 31-team league's season), so it's within reason to think there are other leagues where he's probably not owned. All the focus is on the other top Los Angeles Kings prospects, and that's fair, as the Kings have arguably the best prospect pool in the league with such high profile kids like Quinton Byfield, Arthur Kaliyev, and Alex Turcotte to name just a few. So when you're thrown into that group, you get lost in the shuffle. But don't kid yourself, this kid is very smart and talented and NHL ready... I can see him being one of those guys who makes out better than some of the Kings higher profiled prospects. He's a tougher one to gage because of the depth, but he can be one of those guys who surprises.

Edit: Had to reread the OP's post. So now seeing that, I'll add that I had all of these guys at some point this season, minus a couple. But in terms of stashers that I do have right now; Cozens, Kurashev, Leonard, and Beaudin. I also have Shane Pinto, but not sure how he fits into my team's plans next season and how far away he is. Could be several years from making a fantasy impact. Late bloomer's often take longer to break out. See Andrew Copp. He started late in hockey too and he finally just broke out as a top-six talent at age 26. Dawson Mercer is a smart two-way kid, so he could make the NHL next season, and finally there is Janne Kuokkanen, but I didn't include him as he's been on fire with Jack Hughes on the top line with 4 points in his past 2 games. He's also at a 48 point prorate over 82 games. So it felt silly to bring him up. Yet here I am doing that. lol

Dobber Sports Stud

im going to say Riley Damiani.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Zegras and Caufield are getting spots and possibly J Robertson depending on how the rest of the season plays out.

Dobber Sports Titan

Kravtsov and Spencer Knight are some people that the general public aren't really looking at.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Kravtsov and Spencer Knight are some people that the general public aren't really looking at.
    I would have grabbed knight but an owner beat me to it when he broke waivers

The Great One

Francouz.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch