Thread: I need secondary advice on 2 big trades

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default I need secondary advice on 2 big trades

I'm new to this forum and to a fantasy dynasty league. I've been playing yearly for over 10 years but very happy to be in a keeper: 12 team/10 keeper/2 farm teams, minor leaguers must be protected over 200 games, goalies 150. Std yahoo: G,A,+/-,PIM,PP,SHP,GWG,S

So I've decided I'm in a 2 year retool because I have some good pieces but not enough to make noise. I've collected an extra 1st in 21 and 22 entry drafts. I'm currently in a playoff spot but its highly volatile (4 teams within 6 points for the last spot).

So the situation is I can get Dubois for my 21 1st entry (4th to 7th overall), Mercer or Seider and one of neiderreiter, dvorak, drouin (non keepers for me, not important for value).

I have an offer from another team sending
    Stuetzle, 21 1st entry (4 to 7th overall, hes only 3 points behind me in standings), Mantha, Rittich (throw in for rosters)

for

Kyle Connor, Cam Talbot and my 21 3rd entry

It boils down to I recieve:
    Dubois, Stuetzle, Mantha (keeper this year, bubble keeper for '22), 1st rounders offset

I trade
    Connor, prospect like Mercer or Seider (I'd prefer trading Mercer), 3rd round entry

I don't necessarily care about making the playoffs so losing Talbot isn't a big deal to me. My question is am I over valuing Stuetzle? and does the addition of Dubois offset the loss of Connor long term? It's so hard to trade Connor but I love Stuetzle and love his potential.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: I need secondary advice on 2 big trades

Welcome to the forum! It would help if you posted your current roster and potential keepers, so we can offer better advice. Right now we don't know where your team strengths/weaknesses are.

Connor has outperformed Dubois for the past few years, and although they are now teammates I prefer Connor here. Really for me it comes down to Stutzle vs. Mercer/Seider (and I'd definitely try to trade Mercer over Seider). Here you're looking at an offensive forward who doesn't bring peripherals vs. a top-pairing D man who will bring excellent peripherals and good (but not great) points.

Take a look at your league and see what's most valuable. The trades overall are fairly even but I prefer Connor and Seider over Dubois and Stutzle.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: I need secondary advice on 2 big trades

Welcome to the forums.

I like what you are getting, as long as you are dealing Mercer, not Seider.

Stuetzle/Dubois/Mantha > Connor/Mercer/3rd rounder. It's essentially a 3 for 1.5, as Mercer is a question mark, and a 3rd is a complete crapshoot. Mantha would certainly fetch a 2nd at worst if you dealt him in the offseason.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.