Thread: Mrazek vs Andersen going forward

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Mrazek vs Andersen going forward

The question is a for a pts only league. I currently own Freddie and could swap him for Mrazek. Both guy are UFA after this year. Mrazek is going good now and Freddie is hurt; not even sure we see him again this year. Im cruising to an easy win for this year so the question is more for the futur who do you see has the best assets and why?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Mrazek vs Andersen going forward

Honestly, this one is kind of a crap shoot. It really depends on whether each guys resigns in their current location. Both guys currently have the luxury of playing on two of the strongest teams in the east. And both teams appear poised to be strong for years to come. Which is important in a points only league, assuming wins are the primary category.

Although I think Anderson is a good goalie, I think the Toronto media spotlight is weighting on him, and I can't help but feel that his time there is coming to an end. It kind of feels inevitable that they will move on, unless Freddy comes back and goes on a big run (although I'm not sure where Toronto will go for a better goalie, and I don't believe Campbell/Hutchinson is the solution). Without knowing where he lands, it's hard not to predict his value declining in a points only league.

In Carolina, Mrazek faces some competition from Ned, but I don't think the Canes are ready to hand him the reins yet. And there's no doubt that Reimer is the odd-man out in this situation. So unless another option becomes available, or they stumble in contract talks, I generally expect Mrazek to be back in Carolina next year.

So if I had to pick, I would lean towards Mrazek at this point. Having said all of this, your crystal ball is as good as mine. Good luck!
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf54 View Post
    Honestly, this one is kind of a crap shoot. It really depends on whether each guys resigns in their current location. Both guys currently have the luxury of playing on two of the strongest teams in the east. And both teams appear poised to be strong for years to come. Which is important in a points only league, assuming wins are the primary category.

Although I think Anderson is a good goalie, I think the Toronto media spotlight is weighting on him, and I can't help but feel that his time there is coming to an end. It kind of feels inevitable that they will move on, unless Freddy comes back and goes on a big run (although I'm not sure where Toronto will go for a better goalie, and I don't believe Campbell/Hutchinson is the solution). Without knowing where he lands, it's hard not to predict his value declining in a points only league.

In Carolina, Mrazek faces some competition from Ned, but I don't think the Canes are ready to hand him the reins yet. And there's no doubt that Reimer is the odd-man out in this situation. So unless another option becomes available, or they stumble in contract talks, I generally expect Mrazek to be back in Carolina next year.

So if I had to pick, I would lean towards Mrazek at this point. Having said all of this, your crystal ball is as good as mine. Good luck!
    Yup pretty much agree with everything above. I am convinced Andersen is gone so it depends heavily on what sort of team he ends up on. Mrazek probably the safer bet with Andersen a higher ceiling if he ends up in a favorable situation. guess it depends on your risk threshold.

Dobber Sports Monster

Looking towards the future and no concerns about this year? I'm still holding Andersen. Mrazek is the lucky man in the Carolina net but I don't think they are attached to him. I still think Andersen is the better talent and he could land anywhere - even Carolina!

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

For the future... too many variables. Team quality matters. Both are UFAs so...

Go with Mrazek for the win this year. Beyond this year you're guessing.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree with Eric. Since I'm not sure I want more next year on their current team, and I'm unsure if either will be in their current team, give me Mrazek.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.