Thread: Trade M. Tkachuk for Tavares? Who do I replace him with as a keeper?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Trade M. Tkachuk for Tavares? Who do I replace him with as a keeper?

I am extremely low on Calgary for the rest of the year and even more so for next year. I am thinking I should replace him as a keeper. Currently, I am planning to keep Kucherov and Stamkos, with the other two undecided, but it feels like I have better candidates than Tkachuk.

I have an offer on the table to trade Tkachuk for Tavares. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether this leaves my team too weak on the wings. Team below:

C: Barkov, Verhaeghe (C/L)
    LW: Stamkos (C/L/R), M. Tkachuk (L/R), Tolvanen (L/R), Hyman (C/L/R), Hoffman (L/R)
    RW: Kucherov (IR), Konecny, Batherson, Yamamoto
    D: Letang, Girard, Leddy, Schultz
    G: Shesterkin, Lankinen, Smith, Nedeljkovic

Cats: G, A, +-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

So the question is twofold: should I trade Matthew for Tavares, and who should be my keepers next year?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Trade M. Tkachuk for Tavares? Who do I replace him with as a keeper?

If Barkov & Shesterkin are better keeper options than Tavares, it's all about this year, and whom you can sell during the off-season, if that's allowed.

Are you in the hunt this year?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Trade M. Tkachuk for Tavares? Who do I replace him with as a keeper?

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    If Barkov & Shesterkin are better keeper options than Tavares, it's all about this year, and whom you can sell during the off-season, if that's allowed.

Are you in the hunt this year?
    yes, I'm third, just made a couple more moves too. tonight is the deadline

so you agree you would move on from Chucky too?