Thread: Official Yahoo Fantasy Hockey Playoff Schedule confirmed!!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Official Yahoo Fantasy Hockey Playoff Schedule confirmed!!!

I decided to email Yahoo Fantasy Sports Customer Care since we are close to having the Fantasy Playoffs schedule locked in.

They are staying locked in at May 8th as the final day of the Yahoo Fantasy Hockey Playoffs.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Yahoo Sports. This is Jake from Buffalo, and I understand you're inquiring about extending the fantasy hockey season to accommodate postponed games.
    Based on what we know about the NHL schedule today, we have made the decision to not extend the 2020-2021 Yahoo Fantasy Hockey season beyond May 8th. We will be excluding all postponed games for leagues using head-to-head scoring formats. We have made this decision because adding these games to the end of the season will negatively impact competition by changing league schedules during critical matchup weeks late in the season.

If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me. Have a good day, and pleasant playing! Thank you for choosing Yahoo Fantasy Sports!

Thanks,

Jake
    Yahoo Sports Customer Care
    HFD 12 Team H2H
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP, PIM,HITS
    W,GAA,SV%,SO

Airdrie Analrapists

C O'Reilly, Zibanejad, Hischier
    LW Hall, Teravainen, Arvidsson.V
    RW Stone, Kessel, Laine
    UT RW Radulov, LW Gusev, RW W. Nylander
    D Burns, Dahlin, Dumba, Muzzin, Morrrisey, McNabb
    G Varlamov, Grubauer
    BN G Hutton, G Ullmark, W Bjorkstrand

Minors 25/25
    F Anderson-Dolan, Barré-Boulet, Batherson, Bemström, Dahlen, Fix-Wolansky, Gaudette, Greenway, Kahun, Kakko, Kaliyev, Kaprizov, Lindblom.O, Luff, Mattheos, N Robertson, Terry. T, Thomas. A
    D Hague, Jokiharju, Persson, Wilde, Woo
    G Berdin, Sarek, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Official Yahoo Fantasy Hockey Playoff Schedule confirmed!!!

As it should be. Carry on.

Well there has been a lot of chatter in the general Fantasy Hockey community, including a few days ago in the Ramblings where the Schedule Tool was linked, about the missed COVID makeup games.

With the NHL playing to at least May 11th and potentially the 18th, that could've meant a big change for some leagues. Likely a season or Playoff matchup extension for some leagues.

I personally would've liked to extend our finals to count the extra games.

The Wolverine

Always someone from Buffalo. They could've extended the season but allowed commissioners to make the decision to extend them for their leagues or not, as commissioners currently have the option to choose an end date. For H2H leagues it's a difficult sell because of playoff schedules being set and planned for by managers, but for other season-long leagues it's pretty short sighted (and/or lazy) not to allow this option. But yeah, not surprised. I had an ongoing discussion with Yahoo a couple weeks' back but they decided to ignore my follow up questions.

Dobber Sports Icon

I agree with horrorfan here. Tough to extend the season in H2H leagues as many managers make trades/plan their rosters based on playoff schedules. Although COVID still could throw a wrench in that (disgruntled Demko owner here).

Also, I’m sure some leagues would have at least liked to have been given the option to make that decision for themselves. Yahoo may have actually saved some leagues a lot of drama as this could be a contentious issue for many GMs

But not extending the season for Roto leagues is just silly and Yahoo kind of dropped the ball on that. Not sure what the downside would be to making that change.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yep best solution would have been to let the league decide on their own. Not having that is classic yahoo.

But I still don't see how you can't make the same argument for Roto. In H2H people are planning for playoffs. In roto people are planning for games limits.

Stupid to not allow end date to be changed for season long leagues. Now we are forced to manually extend it and count the points ourselves.
    8 Team Keeper League
    Keep 35 at the end of the year+5 JR slots(can be kept for 3 yrs after draft or less than 10 NHL games)

Points(4) PIM(0.5) +\-(0.5) Wins(5) SO(5) GA(-0.5) Save(0.1)

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

F: Landeskog Mackinnon Kaprizov Panarin Rantanen Bratt Buchnevich Hintz
    Kreider Svechnikov Marner T. Wilson Guentzel Rust Fiala Aho Meier

D: Carlson Toews Theodore Krug Klingberg Barrie Ekblad Weegar

G: Bobrovsky Saros Vasilevskiy

Farm: Hagel, Petersen, Yamamoto, R. Strome, Addison Bjorkstrand ,JEEK, Duchene, Hartman, Severson, Burakovsky ,Nicushkin, Barbashev

JRs: Bourgault L. Cormier Lambos Olausson Zellweger

IR: Couturier/Ellis

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Avs31 View Post
    Stupid to not allow end date to be changed for season long leagues. Now we are forced to manually extend it and count the points ourselves.
    Are you though?