Thread: Expansion Draft - Protect 2

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Expansion Draft - Protect 2

31 Team Dynasty with Cap (=NHL, Cap Hit), Scoring is a bit complex so I'm just going to include most recent fpg for each player in question

Just got upset in rd 1 of our playoffs after being a top 3 team reg season so now its time to think about the offseason where we are expanding to include a 32nd team. Protection rules are the same as the NHL (either 7F, 3D, 1G or 8Skt, 1G) and players with either <100gp or less than 2 years of NHL experience are automatically exempt.

Planned Protection List:

7 Forwards: Kucherov (6.8fp/g), Guentzel (5.68fp/g), Cirelli (4.48fp/g), Comtois (3.89fp/g), Jenner (4.41fp/g - half salary is retained so only 1.875M cap hit), open, open
    3 Defense: Hamilton (5.92fp/g), Josi (5.48fp/g), Krug (3.98fp/g)
    1 Goalie: Jarry (7.39fp/g)

Options for the other two forwards:

J. Staal (6.33fp/g)
    Wheeler (4.86fp/g)
    Marchessault (4.63fp/g)
    Greenway (3.43fp/g)
    Mangiapane (3.41fp/g)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Expansion Draft - Protect 2

Greenway and Mangiapane offer the best value.
    Unless you think Wheeler or March are worth keeping as trade chips, or that you think you can sneak through Greenway or Mangiapane, those are the guys I would protect for fear of losing them.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Expansion Draft - Protect 2

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Greenway and Mangiapane offer the best value.
    Unless you think Wheeler or March are worth keeping as trade chips, or that you think you can sneak through Greenway or Mangiapane, those are the guys I would protect for fear of losing them.
    Agree with this.

an expansion team will want young players with low cap hits. I'd protect those two.
    Odds are you lose Marchessault if you do.

other option would be to keep march & one of Greenway/Mangiapane - depending on how competitive your team will be next year.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4