Thread: Time to cut Andersen??

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Time to cut Andersen??

Hey guys need some help heading into the fantasy playoffs which begins this monday.

I'm in a head to head monday - sunday league where you submit your lineup daily.

We are only allowed to roster 3 goalies and we can only start 1 goalie a day and we have two choose which 2 goalies we can use throughout the week. Our goalies get a huge amount of points which is the reason for the restrictions.

I have talbot, bobrovsky and andersen. His return seems unlikely and campbell will surely take significant starts away.
    So is it time to cut loose?

If so who would you pick up, pickings are slim.

Gibson(intriguing as he is the workhorse)
    Hill(Kreumper return soon?)
    Drieder(would give me both florida goalies. I can pick them as my two goalies insuring i have a goalie starting every night, but that would only cap me at 4 starts in a week)
    Petersen
    Desmith

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Time to cut Andersen??

Looking at next week's schedule, I'm not touching any of Gibson, Hill, or Petersen.

Your restrictions make this interesting. Talbot is the number one option for me. Since you can only use two for the week, and one per night, you want someone who plays when Minny doesn't (Tues, Thurs and Sun next week). Bob is a good complement as they play Tues Thurs Sat, albeit with a difficult schedule. Toronto also fits the bill, but Andersen may not be back. Other good options for next week if available would be one of Boston's young guys Vladar or Swayman (assuming Rask still isn't back), or Vanecek with the Caps.

With only being able to use 2 goalies for the week, it's almost a moot point if you're just going to roll with Talbot and Bob, whose schedules align quite nicely with each other. May be best to just hold onto what you got.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks for your response. I think you honestly convinced me to drop him for Drieder. I just can't see anyway Andersen returns to a workhorse role. I believe he will be splitting starts and not just on back to back nights. Think i would rather have Drieder as insurance for Bob in case anything happens as he has performed well up to this point.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Given your limitations, cutting him makes sense. Dreidger makes sense to me, but check the schedule as you move forward.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Given your limitations, cutting him makes sense. Dreidger makes sense to me, but check the schedule as you move forward.
    Yep I would do this... Florida is a great team to own both goalies for.

Dobber Sports Immortal

They finally put him on IR.