Thread: Samsonov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Samsonov

Not looking good in there right now. Whats' wrong with him? Is this who he truly is or did the late start to the season jam him up? Figured he would have cleaned it up by now but that's just not the case. Thought's?
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Samsonov

Caps def hasn't been all too great this year to begin with. His numbers started to fall out towards the end of last season too. He might not have is NHL legs under him yet. With an ageing team, this is likely his norm
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    Caps def hasn't been all too great this year to begin with. His numbers started to fall out towards the end of last season too. He might not have is NHL legs under him yet. With an ageing team, this is likely his norm
    God I sure hope 2.87 GAA and 896 Sv% isn’t his norm...
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System

The Great One

Dude’s just a kid. Caps liked what they’ve seen enough to set him as the starter this year. Obviously the safety net in Lundqvist didn’t work out. If this is a keeper league he’s a definite hold. This season has so many things wrong with it for the player and the league that there is no way to rely on what he’s done stats wise. Patience.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Dude’s just a kid. Caps liked what they’ve seen enough to set him as the starter this year. Obviously the safety net in Lundqvist didn’t work out. If this is a keeper league he’s a definite hold. This season has so many things wrong with it for the player and the league that there is no way to rely on what he’s done stats wise. Patience.
    That’s the way I’m seeing it as well but I do think there is merit for the capitals getting older. Either way I do believe he is a better goaltender than what he has shown.
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Standard Point System

Dobber Sports Wizard

i wonder if it is conditioning after the lengthy Covid absence...if you look at his games...i dont have numbers exact but his SV% in first 2 periods is much better than in the 3rd. He gave up many 3rd period goals this year....
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    He is not the starter this year. He's splitting starts with Vanecek. Having said that, I do think he has the upper hand in becoming the starter but he is not there yet.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Right handed shot View Post
    Not looking good in there right now. Whats' wrong with him? Is this who he truly is or did the late start to the season jam him up? Figured he would have cleaned it up by now but that's just not the case. Thought's?
    I just see it as a young goalie learning to be a starter and having a ton of crap thrown his way this past year. Gets in a brutal accident in the covid pause ending his season. Then the covid stuff. Then getting thrown back in mid season and being expected to be starter-calibre right away. And this is a season where you didn't have a preseason, barely get to practice, don't get to spend nearly as much face to face time with teammates, trainers and coaches. He will be fine - I am giving him some slack this year for sure.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I just see it as a young goalie learning to be a starter and having a ton of crap thrown his way this past year. Gets in a brutal accident in the covid pause ending his season. Then the covid stuff. Then getting thrown back in mid season and being expected to be starter-calibre right away. And this is a season where you didn't have a preseason, barely get to practice, don't get to spend nearly as much face to face time with teammates, trainers and coaches. He will be fine - I am giving him some slack this year for sure.

I think all of this plays a huge part in what’s going on as well. If you think about it we’d be crazy to expect much more than what we have seen at this point in time. I think there’s a lot of pressure on him right now and he needs to settle his nerves down. I’m hoping for a much better season next year.
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Standard Point System

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    He is not the starter this year. He's splitting starts with Vanecek. Having said that, I do think he has the upper hand in becoming the starter but he is not there yet.
    Yeah - I wasn't saying he was. I was saying they saw him as such based on his play thus far. Going into the season the Caps set him up as the defacto starter with Lundqvist as the safety net/mentor. Nothing worked out as planned.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch