Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Seattle Expansion Thpughts

The Great One

Default Re: Seattle Expansion Thpughts

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Problem with goalies is that the market in the NHL is a lot slower than with defencemen, and there are a lot fewer teams that need G than D, so loading up on D is still the smarter option.
    What do you mean by slower market? Turnover occurs at a slower rate? Seems like, as in fantasy, the goalie position is quite valuable and important to winning but is only covered by one or two guys. Yes it may be slower but the ROI seems quite high if you leverage your assets smartly. With just a quick scan I see nearly half the teams in the league with significant goaltender needs this off season. Obviously a lot is going to depend on what the protected lists end up looking like, but I see a lot more value in snagging some the goalies that appear to be available then in a lot of the middling D available. I'm not saying go all in on goalies and don't select a few extra D, but I think it would be smart to take 5 or 6 or the quality guys exposed and corner the market for one off season regardless of how slow it is. It's a short term play, not a long one.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Titan

I think the problem is that of the team's who need a goalie, who is actually going to pay for one?
    Of the playoff teams from this past year, Colorado my sign a goalie in free agency, the Blues could use a backup, and EDM needs one, but that's it for playoff teams. Of the non-playoff teams, no one I see is paying up for a goalie... So really, between all the FAs like Mrazek, Grubauer, Andersen, Reimer, Rask, Halak, etc, plus all the goalies that could move before the draft like Vanecek, Khudobin, Fleury, etc, there just isn't an easy market to corner.

By the trade deadline, maybe one or two teams are shopping for goalies, but 20 different teams want to add a defenceman. There's a much easier market to manage there, and selecting five extra defencemen doesn't create the same need to move guys out as selecting five different goalies does.

I agree to an extent that Seattle should see what they can get from other teams for D/G options, be it Allen/Chiarot, Hill/Capobianco, Vanecek/Jensen, etc. That's the smart way to go. But if I don't get straight answers and I have to pick the G or the D, I'm taking the D almost every single time because they're a lot easier to move, and a lot less risky to hold.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Star

im reading that nashville might expose matt duchene. his possession metrics have actually been decent, hes just been snakebitten and unlucky with injuries. there wont be too many scoring centres available so theyll at least think about it with 5 years at 8m per left. maybe nashville throws in a 1st rounder as well?
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    im reading that nashville might expose matt duchene. his possession metrics have actually been decent, hes just been snakebitten and unlucky with injuries. there wont be too many scoring centres available so theyll at least think about it with 5 years at 8m per left. maybe nashville throws in a 1st rounder as well?
    There was zero chance they were going to protect him. His contract is protection enough. Same with Johansen. I'm not sure why someone decided this was news haha.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

I was hoping Duchene to have good years in Nashville. His personality type certainly fits him in well in Music City.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Master

Francis hasn’t tipped his hand yet . No idea if he goes with younger guys with some upside (bellows instead of eberle) or going with some vets ala Duchene , Eberle .

Probably a mixture of both

Dobber Sports Veteran

Some surprising expected protects from the Athletic's Penguins writer

Rob Rossi
    @Real_RobRossi

Potential Penguins expansion based off what I’d heard as of Thursday:
    Forwards: Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, Rust, Kapanen, Blueger, Tanev
    Defensemen: Letang, Dumoulin, Friedman
    Goalie: DeSmith

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Yeah, I just read and started a thread on the PIT 7F protect. Interesting topic.
    I mean, FLA signing Forsling yesterday for 3yr was a definite sign that they wanted to keep him and then bought out Yandle.

But I, personally, think that the re-signing on Blueger is not so indicative of a sure "protect"... more of a C2/C3 insurance for next year.
    But I'm super curious to know what others think on the PIT 7F.

The Great One

I think Seattle takes Carter.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I will be shocked if SEA takes 36-year old Carter with 1-yr to UFA.
    PIT has way, way better options, IMO.
    I don't know if I want that to be elder statesman in a new (likely young) lockerroom.

Formal contest for picks later today!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I think Seattle takes Carter.

That's what I was just thinking. I completely forgot LA ate half his salary. Francis could draft Carter, eat half the remaining salary and flip him to a team tight against the cap. 1 year of Carter at $1.3Mish? That could get a nice return.

Dobber Sports Deity

I know this thread is about their 7 forwards, and I hate to derail it a bit, but why would PIT keep DeSmith over Jarry if Rossi is correct in his thinking. I know he had a stinker of a playoffs, but DeSmith over Jarry??
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

re: DeSmith - I could see him being PIT's choice IF there is such a thing as a verbal-agreement on a contract extension when extending him becomes available (June 28th).
    PIT surely shouldn't keep a goalie who will be UFA in 1yr... but if they can get an agreement to tie him up for, say, 3yr x $3m... and they prefer him... then I could see them exposing Jarry.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post

Rob Rossi
    @Real_RobRossi

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=&amp]

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^Yeah, I just read and started a thread on the PIT 7F protect. Interesting topic.
    I mean, FLA signing Forsling yesterday for 3yr was a definite sign that they wanted to keep him and then bought out Yandle.

But I, personally, think that the re-signing on Blueger is not so indicative of a sure "protect"... more of a C2/C3 insurance for next year.
    But I'm super curious to know what others think on the PIT 7F.
    I just posted in the Pitts 7 thread - ^ this ws my 7F's - So I agree
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post

Rob Rossi
    @Real_RobRossi

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=&amp]

if that’s the case then McCann would look nice in Seattle. Yea and DeSmith is a bit of a head shaker.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent