Thread: Svech for Fox

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Svech for Fox

(team and league setting in my signature)

I have been negotiating with another manager for a deal for Svech. We have been back and forth but hes pretty adamite on me giving up Fox as part of the deal. Deal on the table is:

Fox and Anton Lundell
    for
    Svech and Pesce

I had offered this originally:

Lundell, Larkin, Hronek
    For
    Svech and Pesce

I really Svech's upside but am I giving up too much? Will Fox continue to perform? Will Svech turn into a PPG machine or will he hover around 70ish? He is a Lundell fan and if Detroit was doing better I would probably be able to do Larkin and Hronek for Svech.

Should I do this or continue to negotiate?
    12 Team: Keep 26; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 3 Farm; 3 Bench

Scoring Cats: G - 1PT, A - 1PT, PPG - 1PT, SHG - 2PT, SOG - 1PT / Goalies - W - 2PT SO - 2PT

F: Huberdeau, Kucherov, Guentzel, Barkov, Norris, Crosby, Svechnikov, Schenn, JT Miller, Lundell, Killhorn

D: Klingberg, Rielly, Pionk, Fox, DeAngelo, Hughes

G: Hart, Fleury, Lehner

BENCH: Courtier, Ellis, Batherson

FARM: Rossi, Byfield, Lysell

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Svech for Fox

I just traded away 🦊 and W Nylander for Kaprizov. Fox is gonna be a star / is a star but I was deep enough to make this happen. I really wanted the player. I think Kirill will be a special player and Svech is one of those.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would never , ever trade away Fox for Kaprizov or Svechnikov . Sorry . I own Fox and Kaprizov .

NYR will be awesome very soon and Fox will be in the middle of everything , special player .
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Fox is a special player for sure, Makar lite maybe and surrounded by talent so I see your point. Svechnikov and Kaprizov though have top 10 potential so I’m thinking it could be wash depending on your needs.
    14 team, H2H, Keeper League (Goals, Assists, PPP, Hits, Blocks, GWG, GAA, SV%, SO, Wins)

L: Huberdeau, Kaprizov, J Robertson, E Kane, Knies,
    C: Barkov, Hischier, Zegras, Scheifele, Rossi
    R: Marner, Caulfield, P Kane, Raymond
    D: Sargechev, Makar, Power, Chychrun, L Schenn, Jiricek
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Saros,

Dobber Sports Novice

Fox ticks off all the boxes (young, plays for a great offensive team, top PP mins, focal point on PP). I like the comparison to Makar. He is on a heater right now but I think he is going to be a top dman for along time on a great offense. I think I am going to hold off on the trade.

The team that has Svech is in the early stages with his keeper team and I think offering up Byfield and Lundell I should be enough to get Svech.

Scoring Cats: G - 1PT, A - 1PT, PPG - 1PT, SHG - 2PT, SOG - 1PT / Goalies - W - 2PT SO - 2PT

F: Huberdeau, Kucherov, Guentzel, Barkov, Norris, Crosby, Svechnikov, Schenn, JT Miller, Lundell, Killhorn

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar4life View Post
    Fox ticks off all the boxes (young, plays for a great offensive team, top PP mins, focal point on PP). I like the comparison to Makar. He is on a heater right now but I think he is going to be a top dman for along time on a great offense. I think I am going to hold off on the trade.

The team that has Svech is in the early stages with his keeper team and I think offering up Byfield and Lundell I should be enough to get Svech.
    Agree on all those points about Fox, but that is not nearly enough for him Svech.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am assuming we're going on the Carolina's Andrei Svechnikov, then no. The Adam Fox hype train is on another level. I get it, we're a recency bias group, us hockey fans in general. But I go based on what each player have done at their respective ages, who they play with, position, and upside. While Fox is high on all of those, his top out might be at around 60 points with an outside chance at 70+. Sure he has 37 points in 38 games... but that doesn't mean he keeps that up during a 82 game season. What a player does in 35-40 games and 82 games is day and night. Or else Dustin Byfuglien would have been a 90 point defenseman based on that wicked first half he had in Atlanta. Or a guy like Doug Hamilton is a 30 goal defenseman based on how he started out the 19/20 season. Yet here we are.

I liken Svechnikov to a 80-90 point talent, with the outside chance/shot at even a 100 points. Fox is awesome, and while I could be totally wrong and missing the boat on this, I feel the better talent to own is Andrei.

Dobber Sports Initiate

But as it stands now, it's a close deal.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would rather have Svech than Fox. Better upside over the years IMO.
    Yahoo 2 Keeper, H2H, 14 Team | 2C, 2L, 2R, 3D, 2G, 3 Bench

G, A, PPP, PIM, S, Hits, W, SV%, Shutouts

C: McDavid, Bedard, Verhaeghe (L)
    L: E Kane, Guentzle
    R: JT Miller (C), Kyrou (C)
    D: Trouba, Carlson, Montour
    G: Talbot, Hart

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    I am assuming we're going on the Carolina's Andrei Svechnikov, then no. The Adam Fox hype train is on another level. I get it, we're a recency bias group, us hockey fans in general. But I go based on what each player have done at their respective ages, who they play with, position, and upside. While Fox is high on all of those, his top out might be at around 60 points with an outside chance at 70+. Sure he has 37 points in 38 games... but that doesn't mean he keeps that up during a 82 game season. What a player does in 35-40 games and 82 games is day and night. Or else Dustin Byfuglien would have been a 90 point defenseman based on that wicked first half he had in Atlanta. Or a guy like Doug Hamilton is a 30 goal defenseman based on how he started out the 19/20 season. Yet here we are.

I liken Svechnikov to a 80-90 point talent, with the outside chance/shot at even a 100 points. Fox is awesome, and while I could be totally wrong and missing the boat on this, I feel the better talent to own is Andrei.
    We have been saying Aho and Svechnikov are 80-90 point talents for years now.

But Fox isn't recency bias. The majority of NYR fans were praising him last year as the guy making DeAngelo look better than he is and making noise about Fox having Panarin vision and skills.

It was universally accepted among NYR boards fans last year that Fox had more talent than zibanejad and was just behind panarin and zibby is plenty talented. Fox being a near PPG defenseman and phenom on the PP was largely expected. We just didn't expect it this soon.

Dobber Sports Novice

I made my deal, I think I gave up alot but was able to keep Fox:

Bjorkstrand, Larkin, Hronek
    For
    Svech and Pesce

So Fox is staying put. Im happy

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    We have been saying Aho and Svechnikov are 80-90 point talents for years now.

But Fox isn't recency bias. The majority of NYR fans were praising him last year as the guy making DeAngelo look better than he is and making noise about Fox having Panarin vision and skills.

It was universally accepted among NYR boards fans last year that Fox had more talent than zibanejad and was just behind panarin and zibby is plenty talented. Fox being a near PPG defenseman and phenom on the PP was largely expected. We just didn't expect it this soon.
    Wait, I forget, didn't Aho have 83 points as a 21 year-old? And isn't Svech only 20? C'mon guy.

And btw Last year, Aho's last 25 games including playoffs, he had 34 points. 16 goals and 18 assists. Both Aho and Svech have the potential or have already put up between 80-90 points. You're making it out like these guys are in their mid-late 20's. They are 23 and 21 (Svech just turned 21 two weeks ago)...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    Wait, I forget, didn't Aho have 83 points as a 21 year-old? And isn't Svech only 20? C'mon guy.

And btw Last year, Aho's last 25 games including playoffs, he had 34 points. 16 goals and 18 assists. Both Aho and Svech have the potential or have already put up between 80-90 points. You're making it out like these guys are in their mid-late 20's. They are 23 and 21 (Svech just turned 21 two weeks ago)...
    I'm confused. I was praising those two while pointing out you are dead wrong about Fox.

His rise was predicted and expected once we saw how poised and creative he was last year, well above his pedigree and he was playing well above his pedigree in university like Joe pavelski did, which indicates NYR got a steal, and a 70 point blueliner is harder to come by than an 80 point forward.

He hasn't hit those numbers yet. But neither has Svech (who the op is considering trading for) and its not hype or an accident or a flash in the pan. Last year he was praised for being as creative offensively as Panarin despite losing his pp time to DeAngelo. This year he has all the PP time and is exploding. He's also good defensively and at ES and plays all situations and will get SHP.