Thread: Help with 2 (possibly 3) Drops for G activations

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Help with 2 (possibly 3) Drops for G activations

Mrazek made his triumphant return and pitched the SO still in my IR slot. Now I need to activate him along with Khudobin (just added to IR+ when placed on the COVID list) to unfreeze my transactions.

Complicating that, I also will need to bring Jarry off IR+ as early as today (practiced in full and claims he's 100%). I don't think I can just outright drop Sorokin for any of those three considering his performance and growing timeshare.

So as it stands now, I may soon find myself with 4 healthy and productive goalies.

Easiest drop for is probably Monahan - not producing, Flames are bad, and next plays on Saturday. Will only have 2 Cs with Kuz/Marchessault though.

Next in line to drop is probably either Atkinson or Buchnevich - both are cold, RW-only, and have one or two scheduling conflicts. Leaning Atkinson because I need hits more than SOG.

I could drop one of my D-men since I only start 4 - Hronek or Sergachev. I lose +/- pretty much every week, but at least Hronek is PP1. Sergachev has done nothing for a dozen games.

Last option would be to just drop Khudobin - he was a free add last week and didn't burn a roster spot. He had been playing better lately though and it's hard to say how much trust they'll put in Oettinger when it's crunch time for a playoff spot.

Obviously I would prefer to trade but even that is an issue for me, figuring out which to keep and which to sell. How should I rank Mrazek, Sorokin, Jarry, & Khudobin? Playoffs start in 2 weeks and run through 5/8.

Any advice is much appreciated fellas!
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Help with 2 (possibly 3) Drops for G activations

I believe Dallas has 4 games vs Detroit to start the playoffs so I wouldn't drop him.

I'd say bye to Atkinson.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I believe Dallas has 4 games vs Detroit to start the playoffs so I wouldn't drop him.

I'd say bye to Atkinson.
    That is correct! I was tempted to mention the schedule but I felt myself rambling (best leave that to the writers here)! 4 straight vs DET with a Mon/Tues B2B in Week 14. Semis & Finals certainly tougher (Canes/TB/FLA) but don't want to get ahead of myself.

How crazy is it to roster 4G in my set up? My offense mostly lacks A and PPP, and I'm waaaay ahead of the pack in SOG. Hard to find those cats on the wire right now though.

If I boot Monahan and need to add a 3rd C, I'm looking at Dach (top-line, PP1 - maybe get some apples soon), Reinhart (BUF, but has been producing lately), Couture (slumping hard), E.Staal (new team, "top" line/PP1), Drouin - MTL plays 4 games/week throughout playoffs.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

Dobber Sports Immortal

Has your deadline passed?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

No trade deadline for us this year (one of our COVID-mitigation measures).
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Considering your categories, with 2 of your 4 goalie cats being ratio stats, and the other being somewhat random in shutouts, you only have one volume goalie cat out of 12 total, I believe that yes it is crazy to keep 4 goalies, you want quality over quantity. I'd sooner keep 2 than 4, but 3 is ok. The extra spot is better used trying to beef up your skater cats.

That said you have some very tough decisions. Considering playoff schedules, I think Khudobin is the sure keep. Then it gets murky. Mrazek has the best situation but the toughest sched. Sorokin has great ratios, but not a great sched. Jarry has a nice schedule against Devils likely twice, but ratios could be a concern.

All that said, I believe Jarry is the cut here.

Roll with Dobby, Petr, and Soro.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcelly View Post
    Considering your categories, with 2 of your 4 goalie cats being ratio stats, and the other being somewhat random in shutouts, you only have one volume goalie cat out of 12 total, I believe that yes it is crazy to keep 4 goalies, you want quality over quantity. I'd sooner keep 2 than 4, but 3 is ok. The extra spot is better used trying to beef up your skater cats.

That said you have some very tough decisions. Considering playoff schedules, I think Khudobin is the sure keep. Then it gets murky. Mrazek has the best situation but the toughest sched. Sorokin has great ratios, but not a great sched. Jarry has a nice schedule against Devils likely twice, but ratios could be a concern.

All that said, I believe Jarry is the cut here.

Roll with Dobby, Petr, and Soro.
    Hmm, I would not have thought Jarry the odd man out but that could be me just valuing him higher since I owned him longer. I appreciate the take! I definitely agree with your take on rostering 4G is excessive in my format, I just wanted some affirmation. My peripherals have been a disaster all year but hopefully any of these guys will start to right that ship.

My one reservation surrounding Khudobin ROS is Bishop's pending return. I could be wrong as I don't follow the Stars too closely, but I believe he was expected for a mid-April return. If Dallas is playoff bound, I imagine they will want Bishop to get as many reps as possible to return to form before their season is on the line.

I've considered trying to flip Jarry to the DeSmith owner (only owns Blackwood) in a package as he's pretty stacked at D (Dougie, Letang, Fox), Sorokin to the Varly owner (also owns Grubs and Price), Mrazek to the Ned owner, or any other goalie-needy team. Just really hard gauging their 1:1 value before even adding other players into the mix.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Jarry absolutely wrecked by the Rangers tonight. Fortunately I left him in IR+ and not my starting lineup.

DeSmith wasn't much better, but maybe I had more faith in the Pens shoring things up defensively than I should have.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO