Thread: Robertson vs Hronek

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Robertson vs Hronek

Hi everyone,
    in a keeper league, points only, 11 GM 7F and 3 D counting. I'm rebuilding so both are keeper material.

I can wait a few year before Detroit put it together. In a few year Hronek could be their number 1 D and be on a pretty good PP1.

I guess I'm wondering what Jason Robertson can do? Dobber have him at 3Y 58 and Upside 80. Do you thing it could be more than that?

So what do you think?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Robdrtson vs Hronek

Which Robertson?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sorry.

It's Jason Robertson.

Dobber Sports Deity

I doubt he ever hits 80pts, but he's still an excellent young player worth keeping consideration.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I doubt he ever hits 80pts, but he's still an excellent young player worth keeping consideration.
    Can we say the same thing with Hronek? Who would you prefer?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Robertson vs Hronek

Hronek is Detroit's #1 D right now. The future is the issue, with Seider coming, but Hronek shown he has offensive chops.

Robertson also looks good, but with 7 F & 3D, I think Hronek is more likely to be a top 33 scoring D that Robertson a top 77 scoring forward. That's about 2.5 forwards and 1 defenseman per NHL team.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Small sample size, but among players who have played at least 10 games, Hronek is currently 31st among D in points per game, Robertson (as a rookie) is tied for 62nd among forwards.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Still learning View Post
    Hi everyone,
    in a keeper league, points only, 11 GM 7F and 3 D counting. I'm rebuilding so both are keeper material.

I can wait a few year before Detroit put it together. In a few year Hronek could be their number 1 D and be on a pretty good PP1.

I guess I'm wondering what Jason Robertson can do? Dobber have him at 3Y 58 and Upside 80. Do you thing it could be more than that?

So what do you think?

Thanks

Robertson and its not even close in a points only.

Robertson is a candidate for rookie of the year and is on the top PP and top line currently. The majority of his points have all come in this last month because they gave him a shot and he stuck.

Hronek has shown glimpses, but he would still top out as a 45 to 50 point Dman at his best and he is their #1 D right now. And its a coin flip that Moritz Seider replaces him in a few years.

I guess i would need to see the rest of your team to decide keepers to see if you have suitable replacements for either.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Superstar

Hronek, he has established that he can consistently produce offense despite being on a dumpster fire squad. Robertson is excellent but no track record to look back on, could be a gem could be a dud in the coming seasons. Filip gets it done and can seemingly only score at a higher offense clip as the team improves around him.