Thread: Trading for Kucherov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Trading for Kucherov

League 1 in sig. Note: this would be an off-season trade as our trade deadline just passed.

The Kucherov owner just blew up his team at trade deadline and is going into full rebuild. He says he will be trading Kuch for a big return.

Here’s my keeper situation:
    1. Barkov
    2. Pettersson
    3. Schiefele
    4. B. Tkachuk
    5. J. Hughes
    6. Hamilton
    7. Werenski
    8. Vasilevskiy

I would need to trade one of these players to open a spot for Kuch, and since he is rebuilding I am thinking of offering:

J. Hughes, Hischier, Boqvist for Kucherov.

I think that’s a decent offer? I’m only keeping one of those 3 players anyway. He might ask for a pick too, so is offering a 1st as part of the package too much?
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Trading for Kucherov

In a keep 8 one should be needing to pay a king's ransom for a top 5 guy like Kucherov.

It's a little tough to assess your offer without knowing the rebuilding teams squad - but if I was the re-builder, I would want more than your offer personally. (You actually said it yourself in the sense that only 1 of the guys you're offering you're keeping... so the Kuch-side needs to be a true rebuild imo to consider this)

J.Hughes is an ideal piece for sure, and Boqvist has solid (future) value based on your scoring system. Hischier is a "maybe" keep guy (but only by a super-astute GM who isn't influenced by recency bias).

So yeah - I would want your 1st and likely an upgrade on Hischier as well to be honest.

Just to paint the picture, I'd be asking for Hughes/Boqvist/Hamilton/1st from you (with D-value in this league)... which might be an over-ask but that's what I'm (personally) looking for to move a top-5 player like Kuch.

Fingers crossed the other GM is more intrigued by "futures" and your offer lands well!

Good luck!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Padawan

Appreciate the feedback!

Looking at the rebuilding team, I think all 3 of Hughes, Hischier and Boqvist would be keepers for him. He traded a bunch of guys for picks, so he doesn’t really have a good keeper situation going into next year as he starts the rebuild.

I’m trying to see if I can snag Kuch at a return that doesn’t make me way worse off (I.e. including Hamilton as part of the package). I think with the 1st round pick and those guys, that’s probably the best package I can put together for him, and hope for the best

Dobber Sports Stud

Yes totally agree with trying to buy at a 'better' price - and since you've considered the other GM's team/keepers already in the equation I'd definitely agree to open talks with your offer.

Just wanted to offer some perspective on a potential rebuke/what you'd need to add if I was in that GM's spot (and not knowing their roster/preferences at all).

Wouldn't at all suggest you pay the price I listed... just that I could see that being the cost.

Good luck!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Apprentice

As a Kucherov owner, even if I was rebuilding I don't think I would take that offer. But it's not bad offer, so it might be enough to get the party started. If I was rebuilding, I'd be wanting a youngish sure thing (Pettersson/Barkov/Hamilton), then a top young player/prospect and a 1st, similar to what Yzerman laid out.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think your offer has a chance, and if he's infatuated with youth, it may work. Good luck.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.