Thread: A League of Ice & Fire - 32 Team Dynasty Salary Cap League - Game of Thrones inspired

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default A League of Ice & Fire - 32 Team Dynasty Salary Cap League - Game of Thrones inspired

Hello all,

I've been posting for a while here now, but I'm also the commissioner of three successful dynasty leagues. My most recent one being a Star Wars and Lord of the Rings inspired league. I decided it was time to up the stakes and start my own cap league, I've been researching for weeks to get the right set of rules together, and I think we're almost there and I'm ready to start advertising.

For any of you who have applied to my leagues in the past, you know we only take the most active and best managers available, and given this is a deep salary cap dynasty things will be no different - probably even more scrutinized! That being said, if you are accepted into the league, you're going to have a blast, with a bunch of Fantasy nerds who are also interested in the same sort of fantasy shows you are, I guarantee you'll have a great time.

Now, unlike my Star Wars/LOTR inspired leagues which I had the Logos already made for (you could make your own if you wanted) this league I do not, so the most important thing to note is that if you're going to join this league you must supply your own Logo for your team. All team names are going to be similar in a sense they're not going to be 'puns' as to keep the realism, so as an example I can think of 'Winterfell Direwolves' or 'Lannister Lions' as a couple that would be ok, but '3 Hodors Down', while hilarious, would not be acceptable. We've yet to decide how the team names will be decided, in the other fantasy based league we did a draw to determine who could pick their teams first (as we had a lot of logos already made, but as we don't for this one, we're not sure yet - but you can be a part of that decision if you join quickly.

If you're not good at graphic design, I recommend using Fiverr, I've used Fiverr before and can get a good logo for as little as $7CAD.

Onto the rules, while they are still being finalized, you can take a quick look at our in process Rulebook Here.

Some important points to note:

• Roughly $40 Entry (around this mark) but could be a bit less or a bit more
    • Held on Fantrax
    • Discord for communication
    • To start NEXT season (2021/22) we're looking to get established over the summer, with multiple slow drafts (Inaugural/Prospect/2021 Prospects)
    • Realistic Settings (Similar Cap to real life, waiver process, not being able to just drop players)
    • 4LW, 4C, 4RW, 6D, 1 or 2G and 3 Bench Spots to replicate real life simulation with the 3 bench players being considered 'healthy scratches'
    • H2H Points, Weekly Lineups to stop streaming from minors but make it easier for teams who are busy and can't constantly monitor pickups
    • A huge minor system of 60 possible minor slots
    • Two Conferences (Essos and Westeros) & Four Divisions (Depending on the locations of our teams)
    • A 3D Printed Special Prize sent directly to the winner (if it works) for the other league it's a ring to represent the 'One Ring' with the team and manager engraved on it.
    • Live Drafts/Streams on Twitch - I stream on Twitch doing the lottery draws, or the division alignments etc.
    • Join the committee - A team of 5-8 people who I trust to help me with rule setting and the overall running of the league, join soon and apply for that - you'll be a part of the decisions that get brought to the rest of the league.
    • The Westeros Weekly - Our own newspaper which I deep-dive into teams, I give me opinions on favourites etc. Take a look at the Galactic Gazette for an example of what is to come (PS it won't actually be weekly).

Team Awards (for prizes):

• The Game Of Thrones- Winner of the League Playoffs (overall winner)
    • The Westeros Wreath- Winner of the Western Conference
    • The Essos Shield Winner of the Eastern Conference
    • Laurel of Lightbringer - Winner of the regular season (whole league)
    • Decoration of Dragonglass - Lottery Bracket Winners
    • Valerian Steel Shield - Winner of the Draft Lottery -
    • Coin of the Faceless Men - Wooden Spoon (Worst Team)

Player Awards (likely not for prizes or very minimal):

• The Targaryen Trophy - Most Fantasy Points
    • The Lannister Laurel- Most Rookie Points (Active Players Only - One player)
    • The Stark Shield - Most Goalie Fantasy Points
    • Greyjoys' Gambit - Most Defender Fantasy Points
    • Baelishs’ Booty - Wooden Spoon (Worst Team)

So what are you waiting for? Or do you know nothing? Apply now!
    Please answer ALL of the following in as much detail as you like, and I'll get back to you if I think you're a good fit. Either message me on here, or send me an email to [email protected]

1. How long have you been doing Fantasy Sports (specifically Hockey)?

2. Have you ever quit a league, if so, why?

3. Do you have any budget restrictions for the league? We've not yet decided on a price and while I'm thinking $40, it could be a bit more or a bit less.

4. On average, how many times do you post in Discord/Chat functions or make trade offers per week? We don't need you to be posting daily, but we expect replies to trades in Discord, engaging sometimes in regular chat.

5. Why a Game of Thrones inspired league?

6. Do you have any thoughts on a team name?

7. Are you ok with the fact you'll need to make or get someone to make a Logo for the league that fits in with the aesthetic (once team names have been decided)?

8. Tell me why you'd be a good fit/anything you want to add?

Finally, thank you for taking the time to read, I assume if you got this far then you are at least somewhat interested, it seems like a lot, but it's all worth it and once you get in the league you'll see that we're a great bunch of guys (quite a few jumped over from my other leagues).

Winter is Coming
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: A League of Ice & Fire - 32 Team Dynasty Salary Cap League - Game of Thrones inspired

Bump! 10 spots left.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: A League of Ice & Fire - 32 Team Dynasty Salary Cap League - Game of Thrones inspired

Roughly 6 or 7 spots left

Dobber Sports Apprentice

3 or 4 spots left

Dobber Sports Apprentice

One last spot has popped up (we were full). We're doing a live draw to determine the team name order (in which you can pick your team name) live on twitch tomorrow (Friday) night. And the draft lottery live on Saturday.

The Great One

interested