Thread: Draft results - feedback please

The Wolverine

Default Draft results - feedback please

Hey,

I had my annual roto league draft last night. Would appreciate your feedback on how it went! I had the 11th pick (of 20) and I've added the round/overall pick next to the player, along with other positional eligibility.

Yahoo, One year Roto, 20 teams (420 players drafted)
    Daily lineups, Max games/innings = 162/1250, No max moves
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3OF, Util / 2SP, 2RP, 3P, 5BN, 3IL, 1NA
    R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS / W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP (6 x 6)

C: McCann - 11.211
    1B: H. Dozier (3B/OF) - 12.230
    2B: Albies - 2.30
    SS: Swanson - 5.91
    3B: Ramirez - 1.11
    OF: Alvarez - 3.51, Happ (2B/3B) - 7.131, Pederson (1B) -14.270
    Util/BN: McMahon (1B/2B/3B) - 16.310, Adames (SS) - 19.371

SP: Lynn - 4.70, Corbin - 8.150, Mahle - 10.190, Canning - 17.331, Sheffield - 20.390
    RP: Rosenthal - 6.110, Montero - 9.171, Pagan - 13.251, C. Green (SP) - 15.291, Ottavino - 18.350, Y. Ramirez - 21.411

I can give you some general thoughts on strategy and how I feel it turned out but first would like some feedback to see what you think.

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Draft results - feedback please

Well... Can't say I've done roto or a league this deep so I'm probably not the right guy. But I do like that you got some steals early. I just think you'll lack in HR/RBI for most of the year. Especially if Alvarez goes down.

I'm curious to know who else went when you took Alvarez, Lynn and Swanson.

The Wolverine

Default Re: Draft results - feedback please

Yeah that had crossed my mind as the draft was going on. Trying to find balance but also ensure I have enough power to help HR/RB/OPS. Here are rounds 3 to 5:

Hindsight I might have gone with a more power bat instead of Swanson, but at the time I remember thinking that he has good coverage across the board and wasn't sure about later SS giving me enough power. Maybe Didi but I made a decision and was too tired to change it!

I knew I wanted a SP where I picked Lynn as I didn't want to miss out on potentially solid and a workhorse as my #1.

Yeah need Alvarez to stay healthy and have a big year.