Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Leafs willing to trade TOP prospect?!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Leafs willing to trade TOP prospect?!

I bet they end up doing minor moves rather than anything impactful because "trades are hard" and "there just wasn't a fit" and "prices didn't align".

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I bet they end up doing minor moves rather than anything impactful because "trades are hard" and "there just wasn't a fit" and "prices didn't align".
    This would be the best bet considering the media is talking about it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Dubas has been the front guy for the North Division in talking about reducing the quarantine time for traded players coming from USA to Canada from 14 days to 7days. He was also seen at the Ottawa/Flames game yesterday.

I think both are interesting points because they came within hours. Maybe he was told "no, we aren't reducing it" and he's redirected his eyes to the bottom teams in the division. On Calgary you have Rittich and Bennett. Ottawa has Dzingel, Paul, and Forsberg.

I honestly don't know who the Leafs are targeting. It's not something I want to spend too much time invested in because Dubas usually surprises me with his moves.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Savard would be a great ad.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I think Robertson/Rodion are on the list of players they'd be willing to part with, but at what cost.

I think the Leafs go out of the box with a trade.

I'm not saying Hall, but his deal is easy to show what I'm thinking:

Hall to "Team X", Buffalo retains 50%. Buffalo receives prospect or Kerfoot or whatever
    "Team X" trades Hall to Toronto, retains 50%, "Team X" receives late pic
    k

Toronto Receives Hall at $2mill/yr.

I really rather the Leafs hold onto Robertson, I think he can do just the same overall game value as Hall if given the chance, but that's a gamble and you wouldn't find that out till after the Leafs would need to deal for a Hall. I would like to say, I think Robertson's contract control is heavily influencing my "Robertson can do what Hall can". It's a "I don't want Hall, especially when you have a possible offensive shooter on the team for next yr". But if we bring in a guy that isn't on the roster somewhere already then whatever.

I think Leafs get a forward LW. I dunno who because I don't know who would jive with JT/Nylander while keeping Hyman on the 3rd line with Kerfoot on the team. I really don't know how the Leafs do it without moving too much out.
    This right here would be a Dubas type move. I mean he did just that with Lehner for Vegas last year. Just this year he'd be receiving the player asset.

I personally think there is a ZERO% chance that Robertson is moved. Like OG said above, the value and control of his contract is exactly what the Leafs have to hold on to tightly.

BUT... with their need for D... I guess I'm also speaking out of both sides of my mouth. Why on earth would the Leafs be so quick to move out yet another RHD contract (which they've done more than once in the past) when they're so hard to come by.

Yeah... I guess that's why Dubas gets paid the $$ and just sit here blabbering on while I should be doing my own work. lol

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Dubas has been the front guy for the North Division in talking about reducing the quarantine time for traded players coming from USA to Canada from 14 days to 7days. He was also seen at the Ottawa/Flames game yesterday.

I think both are interesting points because they came within hours. Maybe he was told "no, we aren't reducing it" and he's redirected his eyes to the bottom teams in the division. On Calgary you have Rittich and Bennett. Ottawa has Dzingel, Paul, and Forsberg.

I honestly don't know who the Leafs are targeting. It's not something I want to spend too much time invested in because Dubas usually surprises me with his moves.
    Isn't this requirement based on the Federal Gov't? Or are you saying that DUBAS has been lobbying against the Canadian Fed Gov't

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Amirov and a 1st for Tanev. Do it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Isn't this requirement based on the Federal Gov't? Or are you saying that DUBAS has been lobbying against the Canadian Fed Gov't
    I think Dubas is pushing the NHL to push the gov't on the 14day quarantine.

I only heard it on TSN's Overdrive (or could have been SN and Steve Dangle) so I don't know the logistics of it all, but Dubas is leading the Canadian's teams push to reduce that quarantine period
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll