Thread: Who to drop for Mrazek activation?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who to drop for Mrazek activation?

Now that Mrazek has been cleared and his return seems imminent, who would you drop for his activation? Better to drop Khudobin and roll with 2 goalies, or one of the forwards? Which forward is most expendable, Farabee? I feel like none of them have been bad so it's a tough call. Team in Sig below. TIA!
    Yahoo 1-year, 12 team, H2H

G, A,Pts, +/-, PIM,PPA,PPG PPP,SHP, SOG,W, GAA, SV%,SHO,Saves

POS:Cx2,Lx2,Rx2,Dx3,Utilx1,Gx2

Anze Kopitar LA - C
    Sebastian Aho Car - C
    Nikolaj Ehlers Wpg - LW,RW
    Filip Forsberg Nsh - LW
    Martin Necas Car - C,RW
    Pavel Buchnevich NYR - RW
    Joel Farabee PHI - LW, RW
    Torey Krug StL - D
    Adam Boqvist Chi - D
    Tyson Barrie Edm - D
    Mark Stone VGK - RW
    Bo Horvat Van - C
    Brady Tkachuk Ott - LW
    Vladimir Tarasenko StL - RW

Anton Khudobin Dal - G
    Connor Hellebuyck Wpg - G

IR Roman Josi Nsh - D
    IR Petr Mrazek Car - G
    IR Ben Bishop Dal - G

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Who to drop for Mrazek activation?

Interesting dilemma.

I’m going to assume with that squad that you’re in good position to make the playoffs and win, so this is as much about the playoffs than anything.

Other factors:

- Your cats are G-heavy, and low scoring / shutouts mean a lot. That militates in favor of keeping goalies in your situation, especially those on good D teams. So to me it means keeping 3 Gs.

- You have Helly, great for Ws and Svs, and maybe sv%, but dicey in GAA and unlikely to get SOs.

- Mrazek is a bit of an unknown, great early start but we don’t know how he’ll respond to return from injury, and Ned has been playing great. But he’s a good bet to be a good 1A on a great D team. But there are questions, hence good to keep 3rd G as insurance.

- Khudobin situation is weird, they are clearly treating Oettinger as the 1A now but who knows what happens when Bishop comes back (and you have Bishop). But in a pinch you could start Helly or Mrazek as your 1A and throw in Khudobin just to get you a good chance at GAA and SO support, and when Bishop comes back now you have him instead of Khudobin and he could be a factor in your playoffs given his past performance.

So who to drop? I figure you’re deepest at W, so I’d say Farabee, he’s also most likely to be inconsistent. But I wouldn’t lose sleep if you dropped Necas instead - he’s been clicking but loss of Trocheck (for unknown duration) could impact him, and you’ve got Aho. The “con” to dropping Necas is he has that C eligibility, and you’re not in super shape at C despite Kopitar having a renaissance season. So I’d drop Farabee.

When Josi comes back, at that point you probably drop whichever of Necas and Farabee is still on your team.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Interesting dilemma.

I’m going to assume with that squad that you’re in good position to make the playoffs and win, so this is as much about the playoffs than anything.

Other factors:

- Your cats are G-heavy, and low scoring / shutouts mean a lot. That militates in favor of keeping goalies in your situation, especially those on good D teams. So to me it means keeping 3 Gs.

- You have Helly, great for Ws and Svs, and maybe sv%, but dicey in GAA and unlikely to get SOs.

- Mrazek is a bit of an unknown, great early start but we don’t know how he’ll respond to return from injury, and Ned has been playing great. But he’s a good bet to be a good 1A on a great D team. But there are questions, hence good to keep 3rd G as insurance.

- Khudobin situation is weird, they are clearly treating Oettinger as the 1A now but who knows what happens when Bishop comes back (and you have Bishop). But in a pinch you could start Helly or Mrazek as your 1A and throw in Khudobin just to get you a good chance at GAA and SO support, and when Bishop comes back now you have him instead of Khudobin and he could be a factor in your playoffs given his past performance.

So who to drop? I figure you’re deepest at W, so I’d say Farabee, he’s also most likely to be inconsistent. But I wouldn’t lose sleep if you dropped Necas instead - he’s been clicking but loss of Trocheck (for unknown duration) could impact him, and you’ve got Aho. The “con” to dropping Necas is he has that C eligibility, and you’re not in super shape at C despite Kopitar having a renaissance season. So I’d drop Farabee.

When Josi comes back, at that point you probably drop whichever of Necas and Farabee is still on your team.
    Yes, currently in 3rd place in my league. I guess it's a good problem to have, but it always feels bad to drop a good player that someone else will probably grab. I appreciate the input!
    Yahoo 1-year, 12 team, H2H

G, A,Pts, +/-, PIM,PPA,PPG PPP,SHP, SOG,W, GAA, SV%,SHO,Saves

POS:Cx2,Lx2,Rx2,Dx3,Utilx1,Gx2

Anze Kopitar LA - C
    Sebastian Aho Car - C
    Nikolaj Ehlers Wpg - LW,RW
    Filip Forsberg Nsh - LW
    Martin Necas Car - C,RW
    Pavel Buchnevich NYR - RW
    Joel Farabee PHI - LW, RW
    Torey Krug StL - D
    Adam Boqvist Chi - D
    Tyson Barrie Edm - D
    Mark Stone VGK - RW
    Bo Horvat Van - C
    Brady Tkachuk Ott - LW
    Vladimir Tarasenko StL - RW

Anton Khudobin Dal - G
    Connor Hellebuyck Wpg - G

IR Roman Josi Nsh - D
    IR Petr Mrazek Car - G
    IR Ben Bishop Dal - G

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would drop Khudobin. Dallas has given Oettinger B2B starts on B2B nights recently, so he's definitely second fiddle right now.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4