Thread: Tight rankings

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Tight rankings

goals-3
    assists-2
    gwg-2
    ppg-1

Im down to the tough calls in my rankings, looking for a few more opinions on these close calls. Rank these 3 sets of players, thanks guys

Gaborik
    Zetteberg
    Marleau
    E.Stall

Gagne
    Whitney
    Cammalleri
    Havlat

Hejduk
    Frolov
    Gionta
    Kopitar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:Tight rankings

First group :
    E.Staal
    Marleau
    Zetteberg
    Gaborik

Though Zetterberg anf Gaborik are my favorites the risk attached to them is not worth Staal... or Marleau. Staal can repeat his 100+ season whle Marleau is good for 85pts. Can Z and Gabo reach the 110+ mark? Sure, but they won\'t do it by playing 65 games.

Second group :
    Cammalleri
    Gagne
    Havlat
    Whitney

Both Havlat and Whitney are band-aid boys so I obviously ranked the less talented (and older)last. Between Gagne and Cammalleri the choice isn\'t easy, at least to me. Both have very good D supporting them on the PP and a good forward squad to help them. I choose to rank Cammalleri first because Gagne has proven many times that he can miss games. But above all Gagne needs a playmaker to be a PPG player while Cammalleri can do it by himself. Look at Gagne\'s stats when playing with or without Forsberg and you\'ll see it all.

Third group :
    Frolov
    Kopitar
    Hejduk
    Gionta

You could switch Frolov and Kopitar and claim to have the better ranking. The only reason I put Frolov first is that he\'s more proven. Hejduk is playing on an all-offensive team and seemed to have found his groove again last season. I know I\'ll get crucified by some for saying this but Gionta will be a 65pts player next season.

Post edited by: Promethee, at: 2007/08/27 12:38

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Promethee wrote:
    First group :
    E.Staal
    Marleau
    Zetteberg
    Gaborik

Though Zetterberg anf Gaborik are my favorites the risk attached to them is not worth Staal... or Marleau. Staal can repeat his 100+ season whle Marleau is good for 85pts. Can Z and Gabo reach the 110+ mark? Sure, but they won\'t do it by playing 65 games.

Second group :
    Cammalleri
    Gagne
    Havlat
    Whitney

Both Havlat and Whitney are band-aid boys so I obviously ranked the less talented (and older)last. Between Gagne and Cammalleri the choice isn\'t easy, at least to me. Both have very good D supporting them on the PP and a good forward squad to help them. I choose to rank Cammalleri first because Gagne has proven many times that he can miss games. But above all Gagne needs a playmaker to be a PPG player while Cammalleri can do it by himself. Look at Gagne\'s stats when playing with or without Forsberg and you\'ll see it all.

Third group :
    Frolov
    Kopitar
    Hejduk
    Gionta

You could switch Frolov and Kopitar and claim to have the better ranking. The only reason I put Frolov first is that he\'s more proven. Hejduk is playing on an all-offensive team and seemed to have found his groove again last season. I know I\'ll get crucified by some for saying this but Gionta will be a 65pts player next season.<br><br>Post edited by: Promethee, at: 2007/08/27 12:38
    Staal...You can actually flip him and Zetts if Z was healthy
    Zetts
    Marleau
    Gabby....till he plays a full season...he stays here

Cammy.... won\'t score as many goals as Gagne

Havlat... no need stating the obvious

Whitney... best days are behind him
    __________________________________________________ __
    Hejduk....this year only...finished on an absolute tear, and has more help this year.

Frolov....he could approach 40 goals

Kopitar..... I see more assists from him which translates to less points

Gionta... I think he\'ll bounce back, but Jersey won\'t score much...

Post edited by: dynamo45, at: 2007/08/27 14:10

Dobber Sports Genius

1st group:

Zetterberg
    E.Staal
    Gaborik
    Marleau

Since Gaborik stayed in N.A to do some off-season training, I believe he will put up some serious numbers this year. However, the risk is still too much to rank him over Zetterberg and Staal. Both Zetter/Staal are very close tho. In a keeper, I might go with Staal just cause he is younger and a little less a band-aid boy

2nd group: (assuming ray whitney)
    Gagne
    Cammalleri
    Havlat
    Whitney

Gagne proved to me at the end of the last season when he had no one to play with, the made his own scoring chances and still put up better than expected numbers. Now with Briere, logic says that Gagne should put up even better numbers. Havlat and Whitney are both band-aid boys and to me, they are not worth the stress.

3rd group:
    Frolov
    Kopitar
    Gionta
    Hejduk

Toss up between Gionta and Hejduk at the bottom. Just like Gionta since hes younger and has a bigger role in NJ. Frolov is a future stud and a hard to find LWer. Kopitar will always have that back issue and we all know how annoying back injuries can be.
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place