Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Trade] Mikko Lehtonen to CBJ

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Trade] Mikko Lehtonen to CBJ

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsPR/st...464143370?s=19

TRADE: #CBJ have acquired defenseman Mikko Lehtonen from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for goaltender Veini Vehvilainen.

Lehtonen, 27, made his #NHL debut this season, collecting 0-3-3 in 9 games with the Leafs.

https://t.co/JStAJ1E5qQ
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: [Trade] Mikko Lehtonen to CBJ

I hope Toronto's blue line doesn't thin out with injuries but this gives Sandin a chance to step up if it does. I hope it works out for Lehtonen too, he never wowed me on the Leafs but there's talent there. He can still find his footing.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like how they signed him, played him 9 games then:"Ok, you're out...enjoy Ohio"
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I assume he asked to be traded somewhere he could play if he was just going to sit on the Leafs' taxi squad but I haven't heard that from anywhere.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I assume he asked to be traded somewhere he could play if he was just going to sit on the Leafs' taxi squad but I haven't heard that from anywhere.
    I'm gonna guess he didn't ask to be traded to Columbus haha.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    I like how they signed him, played him 9 games then:"Ok, you're out...enjoy Ohio"
    I like how Leafs fans were drooling over him when he was playing overseas before the NHL started back up again and had sugar plumbs dancing in their heads LOL!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Older dmen that come in rarely make a splash right away if ever. They need time to adjust and learn just like the young D. Just sticking around in year one is a good thing. He still has upside for the future if he sticks around.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

buckle up lehtonen owners- breakout coming!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree with the Emu here. Unsure how big the breakout will be, but this will be a help for him.

Part of why he signed with Toronto was that they had playing time available, due to having a poor defense. That didn't happen, as they signed a bunch of extra guys to bolster the depth on the back end. Opportunity is important, and he's got some offensive skills.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

And you guys think he'll get a better shot playing for Torts, ahead of Jones and Werenski???

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    And you guys think he'll get a better shot playing for Torts, ahead of Jones and Werenski???
    No, I think he'll get a better shot playing for Torts rather than being the #7-8 D on team that has Bogosian. I'm looking for him to get into the lineup regularly, and some 2nd PP time.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Maybe not, but he will get more playoff time than in Toronto!
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

The Great One

I do- even 2nd pp time- third pairing minutes is better than taxi squad. 3 points in 9 games is such a tiny sample size but it also shows he didnt even drop the ball. He actually delivered when gicven an opportunity and was still cut out of the loop. The Gm recognizes a fellow finnish phenom and he brought him over to succeed- 0.5 ppg pace minimum going forward- mark it!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I do- even 2nd pp time- third pairing minutes is better than taxi squad. 3 points in 9 games is such a tiny sample size but it also shows he didnt even drop the ball. He actually delivered when gicven an opportunity and was still cut out of the loop. The Gm recognizes a fellow finnish phenom and he brought him over to succeed- 0.5 ppg pace minimum going forward- mark it!
    Or maybe he just wasn't good enough to stick in the NHL? Time will tell how he makes out playing for Torts.

The Great One

Or maybe he just wasn't good enough to stick in the NHL? Time will tell how he makes out playing for Torts.
    He looked fine in the games I watched. This was about opportunity not skill. Time will tell- agreed...