Thread: Anyone else holding GME stock?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Anyone else holding GME stock?

I saw the madness at the end of January. Watched for a while and when it got down to $50, decided to put some money in. Bought three shares on the 5th of Feb. At the time, I told myself that its just entertainment money. I was fun to check the ticker every day. Then it started to get real. The last two weeks have been pretty crazy. It got up to almost 350 today. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I'll check the price. lol.

What was $200 usd is now almost $800 usd. Didnt sell today, not sure what is going to trigger me to sell. Anyone else as stupid as I am?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Anyone else holding GME stock?

Hey Hey,

I have a decently tangible position (for me) in GME, which I averaged down on the dip after the first crash. It is obviously very volatile, after the 350 to 190 to 240 today, I sold my cost. The whole play is based off of a gamma squeeze, which could get the stock to rocket up much higher. Will it happen? Who knows.

My recommendation, sell your cost, then hold and have fun.

Dobber Sports Master

I already feel like I had a good return in entertainment value. I only put in play money. If I lose it, it doesnt matter.

Dobber Sports Master

Dobber Sports Stud

I've decided to hop on AMC's train back in January and the two situations have similarities in their set-up. I have a sizeable position in it and patiently waiting for a squeeze. Otherwise, it's still a great post-COVID recovery stock.

I agree that you could / should sell your cost for GME, but this really has the potential to squeeze even more. Many hedge funds are bleeding money. They're trying anything they can to delay the inevitable, as they eventually have to cover their short positions and that should theoretically leads to higher prices. But the retail investors have become a critical mass when they all went crazy on these "stonks" on Reddit. They hold the hammer as long as there's no exit rush aka everybody sells at the same time and the price crashes. It really comes down to the retail investors' willingness to stay patient right now.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Master

Well, I watched my GME money quadruple and I didnt sell. I am willing to gamble it all for a massive gain. I really hope I get to stick it to the man while doing it. I also have a small amount of AMC.

Dobber Sports Veteran

We will never beat the insiders. If you want to win this trade you will have to sell eventually. Decide on a “stick it to the man” figure and set your sell order there. If you hold it long enough it will fade to fair value eventually and you wont be beating anyone! Just my suggestion of course, we all have our own methods and shouldnt change them if they are working.

My strategy with stocks is to buy twice as much as I want to own with the idea to sell half when it doubles to take out principle investment and let the rest ride.

Dobber Sports Ninja

All my degenerate gambling fun money is in crypto right now, but I am loving the GME drama and cheering it on.

Dobber Sports Master

We are talking about two different things. I am not investing anything. I am a complete ****** slinging poo around hoping to get lucky. Investing is for people who know what they are doing.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    We are talking about two different things. I am not investing anything. I am a complete ****** slinging poo around hoping to get lucky. Investing is for people who know what they are doing.
    Exactly this!

Dobber Sports Master

Well the last three weeks have been pretty strange. I bought myself one more stock. hahhaa highroller! lol Currently have 4 now at a simple return of 115%. Feels like I'm in a cult! hahahahaha Loads of crazy conspiracy theories. I'm having a blast reading them all. The latest one below if any one is interested.

I heard my kids this morning say to his brother "meme stonk". I ask him which stock is meme stock. He replies "its STONK Dad." LOL I said i know man, but which stonk are you talking about? He didnt know. He followed up with Diamond Hands. hahahahhaha Didnt know what that meant either. I explained the whole thing to them.

Seriously, if I do lose it all, I will be the most sad about the end of the entertainment. Its been a BLAST!