Thread: Mackenzie Weegar - not enough love?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Mackenzie Weegar - not enough love?

It seems his name doesn't come up too often... but he's been a really solid D option this season. Especially for those in multicat leagues. The complete lack of PP time is an issue of course, but this is a guy playing 22:30 minutes per game and is absolutely locked in with a progressing Ekblad at evens (seeing 80% of shifts with him). His 82 game paces thus far:

43 pts
    140 SOG
    196 hits
    100 blocks (averaged 130 prior 2 seasons in less ice time)
    52 PIM

And he's +7 on the season. I don't expect a 40+ pace to continue, but 30-35 on the top pairing of the Panthers seems reasonable, yeah? His advanced stats don't suggest a massive dropoff, and he was a 33 pt player last season with similar usage. Largely with Ekblad as his partner. Certainly a much better MC option but can still useful in points-only.

Perhaps he's not as underrated as I think...but that's some solid production across the board. Call this a PSA or friendly reminder, whatever...but Weegar is not meager!

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Mackenzie Weegar - not enough love?

ive had em on my squad and really like em, but that no PP time really stings...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Mackenzie Weegar - not enough love?

I'm possibly the biggest Weegar fan out here. I've had him on my multi-cat cap dynasty for years, since about halfway through 18-19 actually. I joined two multi-cat dynasty leagues this year as a replacement owner, and he's on one roster.

He was even on my points only roster in sig, due to me running Bobrovsky in net, and needing Florida goalies, but I scrapped that plan.

I had him pegged as 30-35 point guy with good peripherals if I remember right, when we first brought him up. He's a very solid under the radar guy.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.