Thread: Keeper Help (Trade Frenzy looming!)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Cool Keeper Help (Trade Frenzy looming!)

14 Team League, H2H
    Keep 9 + 1 Goalie
    G A PTS +- PPP SOG PIM/ W SV% SHO

We roster 13 players per night (if we can fill the spots)
    2 C,LW,RW each, 2 extra forwards, 4 D, and 1 Utility spot

Q: Who would your final 2 keepers be? Forward or D
    Players I think to be a lock are in bold. I am competing this year, but with an aging team should I be packaging a deal for a younger stud, forward or D, or be keeping the likes of Kakko and Boqvist going forward?

C: Barkov, Malkin, Trocheck
    LW: Marchand, Nugent-H, Hertl, Rust, Gurianov
    RW: Kucherov, Gaudreau, Kakko, Bjorkstrand, Mantha
    D: Carlson, Ekblad, Doughty, Boqvist

G: Shesterkin, Rask (gotta see if he plays next season)

Sorry for the long read, any input would be greatly appreciated. I’m overly fearful of losing guys with great potential (Kakko, Boqvist, Gurianov) or who are playing great (Trocheck, Ekblad, Rust etc.) for nothing.
    Cheers!!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Keeper Help (Trade Frenzy looming!)

I would keep kakko and boqvist if you are allowed to keep Rask I would keep him over kakko.
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I like Trocheck to be an excellent keeper, 2nd pick I'd go with Gurianov over Kakko.
    Side note, are we ignoring that Rust has taken a step up in recent years? He certainly could be an excellent option along Trocheck
    25 man roster, 15 keepers
    G, A, POINTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG for Skaters.
    W, GAA, SV%, SO for Goalies

Forwards
    Gaudreau (lw/rw), Guentzel (lw/rw), Panarin (lw), Vrana (lw), Couturier (c), Teravainen(lw/rw), Suzuki (c/rw), Mangiapane (lw/rw), Boldy (lw/rw), Beniers (c) , Sharangovich (c/lw/rw), Mercer (c/rw), E. Kane (lw/rw), Barbashev (c/lw/rw)

Defense
    Carlson , R. Andersson, Liljegren, Giordano, J.Sanderson

Goalies
    Samsonov, Merzlikins, Nedelijkovic, Luukkonen, Francouz, Forsberg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would see if you could find a buyer for Malkin / RNH / Rust / Doughty... or since you are competing, hold them for the push to the end.

Malkin is getting close to the point where his Keeper status is starting to come into question, and the threat of retirement really could come at anytime. RNH is barely a top 100 player, and with him being a UFA at the end of this season, there is a decent chance he doesn't resign in EDM because of CAP reasons... and as soon as you take RNH off of McDavid's wing... is he really going to produce?

You are correct in thinking of holding potential in Kakko and Boqvist... but it is also REALLY hard to drop Ekblad and Trocheck who are finally hitting their primes. My advice; Malkin and RNH aren't keepers, and then keep the 4 of Kakko, Boqvist, Ekblad and Trocheck.

Cheers
    12 Team - Dynasty H2H Category
    Skaters CAT: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    Goalies CAT: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Roster: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, Util, 2G, 5BN, 3IR

C: Crosby, Stuetzle, RNH, Couturier
    LW: Ovechkin, Guentzel, Toffoli, Knies
    RW: Fiala, Perron, DeBrusk, Zuccarello
    D: Seider, Hronek, Pietrangelo, Heiskanen, McAvoy, Chychrun
    Util: Ekholm
    G: Vanecek, Gustavsson, UPL, Lyon, Forsburg
    Blue = Bench / Red = IR
    (Also in 2x 1-yr leagues but they aren't important)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Supremo View Post
    I would see if you could find a buyer for Malkin / RNH / Rust / Doughty... or since you are competing, hold them for the push to the end.

Malkin is getting close to the point where his Keeper status is starting to come into question, and the threat of retirement really could come at anytime. RNH is barely a top 100 player, and with him being a UFA at the end of this season, there is a decent chance he doesn't resign in EDM because of CAP reasons... and as soon as you take RNH off of McDavid's wing... is he really going to produce?

You are correct in thinking of holding potential in Kakko and Boqvist... but it is also REALLY hard to drop Ekblad and Trocheck who are finally hitting their primes. My advice; Malkin and RNH aren't keepers, and then keep the 4 of Kakko, Boqvist, Ekblad and Trocheck.

Cheers
    I like where you are going with this. Being a Penguins fan hurts to lose Malkin, but the truth needed to be told.
    I have the luxury of competing this year with these guys, but my team is getting old (Malkin, Marchand, Carlson, Doughty, Rask) so injecting some youth in there (Boqvist, Kakko) and primed (Trocheck, Ekblad) seems like the smarter play.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Trocheck would be one keeper for me, and the other would be between Boqvist & Ekblad.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.