Default Re: Eichel

Eichel will make his debut Wednesday.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Can't wait to watch him play again.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

The Great One

Must watch game here...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah, really excited to watch him with some surrounding talent. Hoping for the best immediately, but need to manage expectations here a little if he looks a step slow in the early going. Been a long time without game action for him.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Titan

Today's the day Today's the day! Woot!

Pacioretty - Eichel - Dadonov is the projected line. Thrown right into it. Wonder what the PP situation will be.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Today's the day Today's the day! Woot!

Pacioretty - Eichel - Dadonov is the projected line. Thrown right into it. Wonder what the PP situation will be.
    According to LWL...yesterday's practice had / Max, Eichel, Patrick, Dadanov, Theodore // Marchy, Karlsson, Smith, Steph and AP. Good luck with him. I can pick him up any time for a much lesser player but am just going to watch for a few games as he will be my 2nd last move for the year and I don't want to waste a move if he's not on top of his game yet. That being said, he should pop off for 4-5 points tonight.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    According to LWL...yesterday's practice had / Max, Eichel, Patrick, Dadanov, Theodore // Marchy, Karlsson, Smith, Steph and AP. Good luck with him. I can pick him up any time for a much lesser player but am just going to watch for a few games as he will be my 2nd last move for the year and I don't want to waste a move if he's not on top of his game yet. That being said, he should pop off for 4-5 points tonight.
    So not to dive head first into a rabbit hole, but here goes....

Your post, along with your pool's rules as explained in your sig, really intrigued me and I'm curious about your rationale. The format of your pool appears to be really unique: points only; 19 forwards, 4 D and 2 Rookies (so forward heavy); with no C/W distinctions ... and 25 high scoring forwards (and 12 D) league-wide designated as ineligible to be rostered by anyone.

So I'm curious to know who those 25 forwards are? Is it literally 25 of the highest 30 or 40 or 50 highest point-getting forwards? So guys like McDavid, Draisaitl, Matthews, Kane, Kuch, Huberdeau, Barkov, MacKinnon, Panarin, Ovi, etc.? And if so, isn't a guy of Eichel's caliber that much more valuable and even more of a steal off the wire -- even if he does need some runway to get back up to speed?? And isn't that especially true if the 6 add/drop limit for the season isn't really a hard cap because, it seems, your league allows you to replace an injured player with a player from that same NHL team without it constituting 1 of your 6 add-drop moves for the season??

So in other words, if you're not saving one of those moves with the hope of snagging someone like Eichel or guarding against injury and being left unable to pick up a replacement, who or what are you saving them for? Not that an explosion from Eichel off the bat is inevitable or should even reasonably be expected. But it only takes one of your league mates to a "flier" on Eichel's talent before seeing him in action for your chance to acquire him to be gone.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    So not to dive head first into a rabbit hole, but here goes....

Your post, along with your pool's rules as explained in your sig, really intrigued me and I'm curious about your rationale. The format of your pool appears to be really unique: points only; 19 forwards, 4 D and 2 Rookies (so forward heavy); with no C/W distinctions ... and 25 high scoring forwards (and 12 D) league-wide designated as ineligible to be rostered by anyone.

So I'm curious to know who those 25 forwards are? Is it literally 25 of the highest 30 or 40 or 50 of the highest point-getting forwards? So guys like McDavid, Draisaitl, Matthews, Kane, Kuch, Huberdeau, Barkov, MacKinnon, Panarin, Ovi, etc.? And if so, isn't a guy of Eichel's caliber that much more valuable and even more of a steal off the wire -- even if he does need some runway to get back up to speed?? And isn't that especially true if the 6 add/drop limit for the season isn't really a hard cap because, it seems, your league allows you to replace an injured player with a player from that same NHL team without it constituting 1 of your 6 add-drop moves for the season??

So in other words, if you're not saving one of those moves with the hope of snagging someone like Eichel or guarding against injury and being left unable to pick up a replacement, who or what are you saving them for? Not that an explosion from Eichel off the bat is inevitable or should even reasonably be expected. But it only takes one of your league mates to a "flier" on Eichel's talent before seeing him in action for your chance to acquire him to be gone.
    Thanks. You pretty much got it. It is unique but I see I forgot to put in Sig that it is a NON - DRAFT Pool meaning several teams could have the same player on their rosters.
    Here we go..."So I'm curious to know who those 25 forwards are?" Not written in Stone but Basically the top 25 scoring forwards (and top 12 d-men) from the previous year at the whim of the Commish. So we can NOT pick Kuch, Mac, Mathews, Makar, Fox etc. Why do it this way? It is a non-draft pool so if everyone got to pick all those top guys the teams would be very similar if not some identical. Doing it this way we avoided that and after the top 25F/12D there is still a large variety of very good players to choose making our rosters quite diversified from team to team making for a competitive pool.
    "And if so, isn't a guy of Eichel's caliber that much more valuable and even more of a steal off the wire, even if he needs some runway to get back up to speed??" I don't consider him to be a steal as he was NOT one of the restricted players so he can be picked up by any of the 15 teams in the pool. On the other hand if he could be picked up by just one team in our pool and it wasn't a one year league, grabbing him first would have made him a steal, provided he played well ROS and outscored whoever was dropped for him.

"And isn't that especially true if the 6 add/drop limit isn't really a hard cap because, it seems, your league allows you to replace an injured player with a player from that same NHL team without constituting 1 of your 6 add-drop moves for the season?? " The 6 ADD/DROP is much more valuable than our IR rule. It is just amazing how many players in the top 26 - 50 or so can have bad years and just have to be dropped. So far this year I've dropped Petry (TonyD), Pettersson (M.Tkachuk), Konecny (Kadri) and early in the year when he got hurt Patches for (Guenzel). I now have just 2 left. I'm currently in First...a couple of guys are closing fast...I have enough of a lead that I can wait a few games to see how Eichel does. With 2 ADD/DROPS left with a lot of the year remaining the last thing I can afford to do is throw Eichel onto my roster and he does nothing (Unlikely) or gets hurt and basically waste my 2nd last pick. And regarding our "Injury Rule", it is much less valuable than the ADD/DROP as it is surprising how many teams have 2 or 3 real good players and then next to nothing after that to replace injured players with.

I see a couple of teams in my pool have added Eichel (risk takers I think). I'm pretty sure I'll be adding him too if he looks OK, just to neuter the points other teams get from him. I'm going to post this and revisit it in the morning. Hope I was able to answer your questions somewhat.

It is a real fun pool. I've been in it for 33 years and it has been around longer than that. In the old days non-draft pools were common. Enter your team and that was that...Injuries? Too bad. Guys on your roster doing lousy? Suck it up. We introduced the ADD/DROPS and IR Rule to keep more of our managers involved through the year. The "Rules" really are quite simple when you are familiar with them.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Padawan

So has anybody watched Vegas play? How is Eichel looking...rusty, timid, pretty much up to speed, fantastic??? Thanks.

The Great One

He looks great. His speed and timing are just a little off. But he’s going hard after pucks, carrying with confidence. He looks healthy but like a player who is just trying to get back to NHL speed. I’ve seen nothing worrying. He had one assist last night and should have had two. He deserved one on Paccirerty’s PP goal as well.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks tweetdrivr...appreciate you taking the time. Sorry, not able to REC you.

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    He looks great. His speed and timing are just a little off. But he’s going hard after pucks, carrying with confidence. He looks healthy but like a player who is just trying to get back to NHL speed. I’ve seen nothing worrying. He had one assist last night and should have had two. He deserved one on Paccirerty’s PP goal as well.