Thread: Ekblad for Adison/Strome/Gustaffson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Ekblad for Adison/Strome/Gustaffson

League and team details are below.

The short of it is, should i be entertaining trading away my calen adison, erik gustaffson and dylan strome for ekblad? It feels like too much, but the black and white stats this year show I am trading a great prospect in adison, plus a declining gustaffson and a very frustrating dylan strome for what might be a 60 point threat year over year moving forward in Ekblad.

Am i overvaluing Ekblad in a points league? Maybe selling my guys short?

Points only keeper dynasty. My team is coming out of a rebuild, i have the players to start pushing for a win for the next few years.

Every week we play 12 fwds / 6 D / 1 Goalie. We also have a bench of approx 11 players and 2 goalies who we can switch out weekly.

My best players are:

Sebastian Aho / B Point / Johnny Gaudreau / Kakko / Laine / Stone / A Svechnikov / Teravainen / Reinhart

Dahlin / Chabot / Fox / Gustaffson.

Hellebyuck / Samsonov in net

My D drops off after that with Calen Adison, Sean Walker, Myers, Gardiner etc. Hoping Adison will turn in to a solid D but essentially i am playing Gardiner / Walker / Myers every week, switching out as required, based on schedule or hot streaks.

My fwds also drop off - I play 4 of Mikheyev, Anders Lee, Dylan Strome, Danton Heinin, Troy Terry depending on the week ahead.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Ekblad for Adison/Strome/Gustaffson

Qaulity over Quantity.

Eklbad is a guarantee right now.

Addison is a maybe - with high potential... but potential that may never get met.
    Gustafsson - is often scratched.
    Strome- has had some good moments... but now with Dach close to returning he could be moved down the lineup more if he doesn't perform.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Qaulity over Quantity.

Eklbad is a guarantee right now.

Addison is a maybe - with high potential... but potential that may never get met.
    Gustafsson - is often scratched.
    Strome- has had some good moments... but now with Dach close to returning he could be moved down the lineup more if he doesn't perform.

Thanks Penguin. I too am always looking for quality over quantity. A few notes:

- Gustafson still ranked higher on Dobber's Top120 Defenders, which I find odd since he is being scratched regularly and it looks like his 60 point season was an outlier. Am i missing something on Gustafson that makes his so valuable? Other than his big season, there hasn't been much production.

- Dylan Strome was given the reigns in CHI, albeit not a great team, but the cream rises to the top (Debrincat, Kane) and you are right to say that Dach will likely push Strome down further. When Strome was drafted, we all knew he would be multiple years before making an impact but we all said "bust" anyways..I have a hard time believing Strome can't be a 60 point forward in the NHL as soon as NOW but it's just not happening. Still feels like im selling low on Dylan.

- Adison is an exciting prospect and is over PPG in AHL this season.

I feel there is a decent risk that in 2 years from now, Adison is producing at a decent clip, Strome is settled in as a 60 point forward and Gustaffson could be a serviceable 40 pt D. In which case, I don't know if this trade will age well? Yes I want to go for it this year and next year +++ ...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take that and run.

Addison might turn into a very good player, might not. But the odds on him hitting Ekblad heights isn't so great.

Gustafsson may be on his way out of the NHL, honestly. He's getting scratched in favor of Gostisbehere due to poor defense. You read that correctly. Gustafsson ahead of Ekblad is comically bad at this point.

Strome is likely a 50 point forward, with some upside, but how often can he get much more?

Even though this is dynasty and you could keep all 3 of you guys, give me Ekblad. You can replace Gustafsson from the wire.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.