Thread: Opinions needed - next wave of up and coming stars

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Opinions needed - next wave of up and coming stars

Hello to all,

Newer poolie here looking for some advice. I'm in year two of my 12 team keeper pool (4 player keeper pool, 2F, D, G, all details in my signature) and I'm looking for opinions on the next wave of up and coming players. We have parameters for off-season trades and guys who are in the .849-1.00ppg range over the last two seasons can be had for a minimum 3rd round pick as part of a trade. I'm leading this year and headed into a rebuild for the 2022-2023 season with Pettersson, Svechnikov, Makar and Vasilevskiy as my four keepers.

I have had lots of interest from guys potentially buying my forwards (I'm inclined to keep them as I believe they are both trending in the right direction for my push in two years) but am wondering if I shipped one out and received a package of picks, who the other "currently sitting under a ppg range the last two years but trending up" guys that I could target would be.

Sebastian Aho
    Brayden Point (don't think the owner will be inclined to move him)
    Mathew Barzal

Are there other guys I am missing and should be considering? Am I nuts to not ride it out with Pettersson & Svechnikov?

Thanks in advance for any feedback, it's much appreciated!
    Fantrax 12 team keeper league (keep 2 forwards, 1 defenseman, 1 goalie)
    Roto league - Pts F, Pts D, Goals; +/-, PIMS, PP goals, SHG, GWG, Wins, Shutouts, SV %
    F: McDavid, Point, Svechnikov, E.Kane, JT Miller, Fiala, Landeskog, Thomas, Toffoli, Verhaeghe, Bertuzzi, Kopitar
    D: Makar, Theodore, Toews, Hamilton, Nurse, Hanifin
    G: Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Fleury

The Great One

Default Re: Opinions needed - next wave of up and coming stars

I'd trade Pettersson for Point or Aho. Why not keep Draistl?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Opinions needed - next wave of up and coming stars

I made an off-season deal with Draisaitl (he leaves my roster after this season) to acquire a first round pick this year and a first and third next year. Those picks help me in the short and long term, so that's why Draisaitl isn't an option to keep .
    Fantrax 12 team keeper league (keep 2 forwards, 1 defenseman, 1 goalie)
    Roto league - Pts F, Pts D, Goals; +/-, PIMS, PP goals, SHG, GWG, Wins, Shutouts, SV %
    F: McDavid, Point, Svechnikov, E.Kane, JT Miller, Fiala, Landeskog, Thomas, Toffoli, Verhaeghe, Bertuzzi, Kopitar
    D: Makar, Theodore, Toews, Hamilton, Nurse, Hanifin
    G: Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Fleury