Thread: Goalie Woes - Advice Needed

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Goalie Woes - Advice Needed

Hey guys,

In need of some more goalie advice. This is with regards to team 2 where I currently have Khudobin, Talbot, Kahkonen & Sorokin. Sorokin was a temporary pick-up but I'm starting to think that maybe I should keep him. Below are some other notable names available on the wire. Any advice is appreciated!

Demko
    Oettinger (would provide me with the DAL tandem)
    Georgiev
    Vanecek

Thanks in advance!
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Cool Re: Goalie Woes - Advice Needed

Quote Originally Posted by The Maritimer View Post
    Hey guys,

In need of some more goalie advice. This is with regards to team 2 where I currently have Khudobin, Talbot, Kahkonen & Sorokin. Sorokin was a temporary pick-up but I'm starting to think that maybe I should keep him. Below are some other notable names available on the wire. Any advice is appreciated!

Demko
    Oettinger (would provide me with the DAL tandem)
    Georgiev
    Vanecek

Thanks in advance!
    Your situation is so similar to mine, (down to the IR Francouz!) except I have Varlamov instead of Khudobin.

I personally would stay away from Dallas until there is some semblance of stability in net as Bishop is set to return in a few weeks. It seems Dallas can run any of their three goalies and the results are not far off from each other. Without a healthy line-up, Dallas seems to have difficulty scoring much more then they are letting in and this has caused wins to be hard to come by.

Similarly, Georgiev is one I would stay away from until Trouba is back for the Rangers.

If I were you, I would stream based on match-ups until you can Francouz back healthy. This would be a mix of Demko against OTT for example, or Vanecek against BUF.
    8 person H2H, 25 man rosters:

LW: JT Miller, B. Tkachuk, E. Kane, Pacioretty, N. Foligno,
    C: McDavid, Larkin, Monahan, Eriksson Ek, P. Suter,
    RW: Lindholm, Perron, J. Anderson, Hornqvist, Duchene, Necas

D: Josi, Poink, Chiarot, Larsson, OEL, Leddy

G: Varlamov, Reimer, Kakhonen
    IR: Parayko, Francouz

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FOW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO