Thread: Laine as RFA

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Laine as RFA

Do you guys really think Laine will resign with Columbus? it seems he really needs a setup man to hit his potential. also his attitude seems to suck?

how do you see him future wise? 40gls 20 asts? or 30/30...

i think he can grow into a poor man Ovi if he really changes his mindset/attitude...agree?

if not, do you prefer a Keller or B.Tkuchuk over Laine in next 3 yrs?

i am being offered one of these 3 in a keeper pts only (no position req) league. Gls = 3pts, ast = 2pts

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Laine as RFA

I think Jarmo throws whatever he can at Laine to make him want to stay, he’s wanted Laine forever and I’m fairly confident he will overpay to ensure Patty sticks around. I would expect his next contract to start with a 10 at the lowest. I think Laine sticks in Columbus for the next couple years at the least.

I think he can perennially flirt with 40 goals, likely being a ~35 goal guy unless, as you said, they’re able to land a 1C that is a great setup man. I can’t really speak to his attitude as I’m not in the locker room, but I will say I imagine he spends more time in Columbus than Torts does haha.

In a points only over the next 3 years I like Laine>Keller>Brady
    8 Team Dynasty - G/A/plusminus/PPP/SHP/SOG/FW/HIT/BLK ——
    W/SV%/SV/SO
    C: A. Matthews, E Pettersson, V Trocheck, A Kopitar, C Mittelstadt,
    LW: B Marchand, B Tkachuk, K Kaprizov, J Huberdeau, V Nichushkin, E Kane, J McCann
    RW: D Pastrnak, W Nylander, JT Miller, T Meier, Z Hyman, R Hartman
    D: Q Hughes, B Burns, D Nurse, M Matheson, K Letang, B McNabb
    G: D Kuemper, V Vanecek, J Woll
    IR: L Couture, L Schenn
    NA: P Kochetkov