Thread: Kaapo Kakko for a 20211st round?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Kaapo Kakko for a 20211st round?

Would anyone trade Kaapo Kakko for 2021 1st or would hang on to him?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Kaapo Kakko for a 20211st round?

2021 draft looks great but I would probably stay with what I know. I’m not much of a gambler so give me Kakko
    8 Team Dynasty - G/A/plusminus/PPP/SHP/SOG/FW/HIT/BLK ——
    W/SV%/SV/SO
    C: A. Matthews, E Pettersson, V Trocheck, A Kopitar, C Mittelstadt,
    LW: B Marchand, B Tkachuk, K Kaprizov, J Huberdeau, V Nichushkin, E Kane, J McCann
    RW: D Pastrnak, W Nylander, JT Miller, T Meier, Z Hyman, R Hartman
    D: Q Hughes, B Burns, D Nurse, M Matheson, K Letang, B McNabb
    G: D Kuemper, V Vanecek, J Woll
    IR: L Couture, L Schenn
    NA: P Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Veteran

A little hard to judge without knowing your settings and best guess as to where that 2021 pick will land you. But absent it being top 2 or 3 pick or there being some oddities with your settings (or limited keepers, etc.), I wouldn't even consider it. Otherwise, the best you're likely hoping for is that you get a player with KK's talent and upside but two years behind in development.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Deity

Welcome to the forums!

Unless it's a top two pick, I'm keeping Kakko.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd keep Kakko, unless it is a top 3 pick, with a chance to be #1. If it becomes a #1 pick, you can deal it for more than Kakko.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wouldnt trade Kakko for the 1 ov pick I think. I can't see who is better than him atm
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    A little hard to judge without knowing your settings and best guess as to where that 2021 pick will land you. But absent it being top 2 or 3 pick or there being some oddities with your settings (or limited keepers, etc.), I wouldn't even consider it. Otherwise, the best you're likely hoping for is that you get a player with KK's talent and upside but two years behind in development.
    I’m going to land 1st or 2nd pick next year...

Dobber Sports Padawan

From what I've read, this draft is very D heavy and much weaker than the last two. I'm not sure I'd even trade Kakko even if the pick was 1st OA. Honestly I think you're much better off keeping him.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Keep Kakko. He's already an nhler, and half of this years draft class isn't playing..too much uncertainty due to the pandemic, even if you land the 1st overall pick

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by DocMcPuffin View Post
    From what I've read, this draft is very D heavy and much weaker than the last two. I'm not sure I'd even trade Kakko even if the pick was 1st OA. Honestly I think you're much better off keeping him.
    I was thinking maybe for a 2022 1st round...I’m going to land 1st or 2nd for drafting for the next 3 years

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Peaker76 View Post
    I was thinking maybe for a 2022 1st round...I’m going to land 1st or 2nd for drafting for the next 3 years
    2022 is going to be a very very good draft, apparently. IF you were to trade Kakko, that's the draft class I'd be looking at. Right now, there's pretty much zero agreement on who the 1st overall will be this year.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

The Great One

Also keep in mind team needs. If you badly need D or goaltending theres some great options in the top six. This year if I was looking for tending especially id be interested in a top 5-8 pick!!! All in all were just brocks in the Wal(stedt)!!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Peaker76 View Post
    That sounds like way too long a rebuild plan to me. If you are aiming to just keep drafting in the top 3, you should keep trading anyone you have to do so, but then you need to decide to try to contend at some point, and it can be hard to just flip that switch to stop chasing the future.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.