Thread: What happened with Gustaffson?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default What happened with Gustaffson?

Hey, guys!
    Need help with my defense... I don’t know what happened with Gustaffson for the last 3 games ( not playing and no information found)
    Can u tell me please if I can drop him and rank these “ D” including him in order?

“D” FA:

N. Leddy
    B. Pesce
    J. Brodin
    M. Weegar
    J. Oesterle
    N. Dobson
    C. Fowler
    N. Schmidt
    D. Keith
    Z. Chara
    R. Lindgren
    R. McDonaugh
    D. Forbort
    N. Zadorov

My stats:

Goals- 5 pts
    Asst- 3 pts
    Sog-0.2
    Pmi- 0.25
    Hts/Blk- 0.2
    +/-
    PPP/ Shp

Thank you in advance!!!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: What happened with Gustaffson?

I'd drop him for Weegar or Fowler right now. I might prefer some of the others depending on how much they are scoring in your format.

What happened with Gustafsson is simple. He signed with a team that didn't need an offensive defenseman that's coached by a defense oriented coach, and has a logjam on the blue line. He's going to get scratched often.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Can I piggyback on this thread and ask, for anybody who follows Philly, has there been any emerging clarity about the PP QB situation for their defense? Is Ghost getting a shot? Is it Provorov? Is there a clear choice here that will last throughout the remainder of the season?
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It must be AV style...

I looked @ NHL projected Phi line ups and Gustafsson was supposed to play and didn’t play again!!!

It’s time to drop him but please, tell me top 3 who would u take from the list above?

Dobber Sports Ace

If you're grabbing a keeper, I'd likely go with Dobson or Weegar.

If you care only about this year, I'd grab Leddy - he's been playing well and consistently scoring on the PP.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Apprentice

“Jdreed 3184”- I’m trying to win this year, very close to 1 st place but Gustafsson not playing really hurts my chances...

Not much difference in points b/w Leddy and Dobson according to my cats:

Leddy- 71 pts, 2.9 ppg, 21:04, 1:52 pp ( btw 2 yr keeper)
    Dobson- 63 pts, 2.6 ppg, 17:05, 2:28 pp ( 4 yr keeper)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like Weegar as well as Dobson and Leddy, but he isn’t playing any PP time...
    Any opinions ?

Dobber Sports Monster

Leddy or Dobson.

Gustafsson is in some kind of d rotation Vigneault likes to do at the bottom of his lineup. It makes owning anyone in the rotation a disaster.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Can I piggyback on this thread and ask, for anybody who follows Philly, has there been any emerging clarity about the PP QB situation for their defense? Is Ghost getting a shot? Is it Provorov? Is there a clear choice here that will last throughout the remainder of the season?
    1. Provorov will play every game, and get some PP time on PP1 or PP2. He's usually 40%+ of PP time, and as high as 60-70% This is clear, and will not change, barring him not being in the lineup, which would be horrible for the Flyers. He's the 2 guy on the team in PPTOI%.

2. Gustafsson & Gostisbehere are combined each getting almost all of the rest of PP time. Gostisbehere is more of an all-situations guy, as I've seen him on the ice short-handed a few times, and he's playing more minutes. That sentence doesn't contain any typographical errors, and I'm not on hallucinogens.

3. Those 3 guys have played together in pairs on a PP, and separately at times. Sanheim is the only other D getting a non-minuscule amount of PP time, and that's only about 35 seconds per game.

4. Gustafsson is getting scratched a lot lately. It wouldn't surprise me if they try and move him at the deadline as there's been a lot of noise about the coach not liking his defense.

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...+Board&sent=go
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thank you guys!
    I’ll drop Gustafsson tomm after I’ll watch Isles game, and I’ll pick up either Leddy or Dobson ( I have 2 nd waiver priority and another manager needs goalie)