Thread: Interesting Trade Offer-Forsberg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Interesting Trade Offer-Forsberg

Hi All.

I just received this trade offer:

Dumba, Kapanen, and Lehner for my Forsberg and Koskinen.

I would love to hear some opinions on this offer. I am a bit intrigued by it. Eventhough Lenner is out, I see him as a defininte upgrade on Koskinen. Surely The Flower can't keep playing out of his mind at his age. Lehner must be their long-term guy, right? I could see him as a keeper for me. With Samsonov, the rejuvenated Jarry, and Lehner as my goalies, I would feel pretty strong about my situation there.

Dumba looks like he might be getting some of his form back from a couple of years ago, is still relatively young, and Minny is looking like an up and coming team fantasy wise. I could use the help on defense, because Hronek is killing me. Well, all of my Detroit guys are killing me, but that's another topic.

Kapanen is kind of a throw in, but any guy playing on the top two lines in Pittsburgh has upside.

So do I want to give up Forsberg as he could be having a career defining year? I actually tried to move him at the start of the season, but there were no takers. We've known he has the skill, but Nashville's system, plus some injuries have held him back. Now there are trade rumours, and I worry he could take off even more on a new team if given more minutes.

I appreciate any responses, and will rep. Thanks!
    9 Team Dynasty Pool. 30 Players, 20 Active (12 F, 6 D, 2 G). 10 Reserves. 20 Roster moves allowed per season.
    Forwards Points Only, D Points, Hits, Blocks, Goalies Wins and Shutouts.
    Drop 10 players in the offseason for free agent draft before season.

Forwards: Barzal, Forsberg, Guentzl, Buchnevic, Barkov, W. Nylander, P. Kane, Crosby, Fiala, Zibanejad, Vrana, Zuccarello, Pavelski, Tarasenko, Kreider, B. Schenn
    Defence: Fox, Sergachev, Pietrangelo, Letang, Karlsson, Hamilton, Spurgeon, Sandin, Boqvist, Matheson

Goal: Hellebuyck, Campbell, Skinner, Murray

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Interesting Trade Offer-Forsberg

Looking at your keepers:

Koskinen is a drop, Forsberg would be a keep

Dumba & Lehner would be keeps, Kapanen is a wildcard - probably a drop.

It's an 8 team league though, so there's a lot on the wire, but you have limited moves. Do you see Dumba & Lehner as an upgrade on Forsberg and the guy you drop to keep the other one?

Can you trade a goalie int his league for an improved skater? This is an issue, as I wouldn't want to keep 4 in an 8 team league, but you'd have 4 guys who could be worthy of keeping after this deal.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Looking at your keepers:

Koskinen is a drop, Forsberg would be a keep

Dumba & Lehner would be keeps, Kapanen is a wildcard - probably a drop.

It's an 8 team league though, so there's a lot on the wire, but you have limited moves. Do you see Dumba & Lehner as an upgrade on Forsberg and the guy you drop to keep the other one?

Can you trade a goalie int his league for an improved skater? This is an issue, as I wouldn't want to keep 4 in an 8 team league, but you'd have 4 guys who could be worthy of keeping after this deal.
    Thanks stevegamer for the reply.

We keep 20 out of our 30. Drop 10 before our preseason draft. Dumba and Lehner would for sure be keepers for me. At the start of the year, I thought I was pretty good on defense, but we all know what happened with Deangelo, and Hronek has disappointed. Unless something unexpected happens, Deangelo will be a drop. I would try to flip Hronek. I thought I was pretty set in goal with Samsonov and Jarry, but things went sideways for Samsonov. Thankfully Jarry has come around, but it would be nice to have 3 solid goalies. Most of the teams in our leaque carry 3 or 4 goalies. I drafted Koskinen based on his rating in the Dobber guide, as backup, but also with an eye towards moving him to one the contenders who are weak in goal. Unfortunately he has not been great. Similar thought process with Kuemper.

My thinking on this offer is I would be getting 2 or possibly 3 keepers for the price of 1. But are Lehner and Dumba worth giving up Forsberg? Vegas can't possibly keep both Lehner and Flower for another season. Can Dumba regain that form from 2 seasons ago? Will Forsberg keep up this pace? I am leaning towards accepting.

PS. stevegamer. I really appreciate all of your insightful posts in the threads on this board. Thanks again.
    9 Team Dynasty Pool. 30 Players, 20 Active (12 F, 6 D, 2 G). 10 Reserves. 20 Roster moves allowed per season.

Forwards: Barzal, Forsberg, Guentzl, Buchnevic, Barkov, W. Nylander, P. Kane, Crosby, Fiala, Zibanejad, Vrana, Zuccarello, Pavelski, Tarasenko, Kreider, B. Schenn
    Defence: Fox, Sergachev, Pietrangelo, Letang, Karlsson, Hamilton, Spurgeon, Sandin, Boqvist, Matheson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The thing with Forsberg. I was actively trying to move him prior to the start of the season. No interest. Nashville did not seem too offensively inclined from their forwards. Ridiculously low icetime amounts. Plus Forsberg seemed to get hot for a few games, then nothing for a few. Plus he seemed to miss his fare share of games to injury. Will he revert back to this?

But, I need quality forwards. Outside of Pasta, Barzal and Nylander, mine need help. Larkin and Mantha have been disasters Zibby, a disaster. Hischier is always getting hurt. Vrana, Fiala, and Bjorkstrand all somewhat disappointing.

All these questions. I guess that's what makes Fantasy Hockey so fun, and why we obsess so much.