Thread: [Retirement] Brent Seabrook

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default [Retirement] Brent Seabrook

Chicago Blackhawks@NHLBlackhawks

Brent Seabrook says he’s unable to play and announces the end of his 15-year career due to injury.

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/news/...ns/c-322133900

Statement from defenseman Brent Seabrook:
    "I am so proud to have played my entire 15-year National Hockey League career in Chicago with the Blackhawks. It was an honor to play the game that I love, with teammates I love, in front of fans I love, in a city that my family and I have grown to love. After several surgeries, countless hours of rehab and training to get back on the ice at the level of my expectations, it will not be possible for me to continue playing hockey. This is what is best for me and my family. The love and support of my wife, Dayna, and my kids, Carter, Kenzie and Dylan has meant everything to me. My parents, Gary and Suzanne, and my brother Keith, have been behind me every step of the way and are my foundation.

I want to thank the Blackhawks organization - including the Wirtz Family, Rocky and Danny Wirtz, Stan Bowman and Jeremy Colliton - who have been very supportive throughout this process. I'm thankful for all that the Blackhawks have done for me and my career. This organization drafted me as an 18-year-old kid out of western Canada and this team became my family away from home. In addition, I'm thankful for the Blackhawks medical and training staff for always putting me in the best position to succeed on the ice. Over the past 15 years, I've played with and for some incredible teammates and coaches. I thank each and every one of you. It was an honor to wear the Blackhawks sweater and go to battle with you night in and night out. I loved being your teammate.

Lastly, to the great fans of the Chicago Blackhawks, thank you. I sacrificed everything for this team in our quest to lift three Stanley Cups and gave it everything I had for you. I couldn't have asked for a better fan base to play for. You, more than anyone, kept me honest and always pushed me to be better - while also cheering me as your All-Star and Champion. Lifting the Stanley Cup in 2015 in front of all the fans at the United Center will be a memory I'll never forget. You have truly made Chicago a second home. My family and I will be forever grateful for your love and support and I look forward to always having a special connection with you the fans. I will always be a Blackhawk."

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: [Retirement] Brent Seabrook

So is he actually retiring or staying on LTIR until the end of his contract??
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

I assumed LTIRetirement but haven't seen anyone confirm that.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I assumed LTIRetirement but haven't seen anyone confirm that.
    He was just put on LTIR, so I'd say you're right.

Fun fact, Blackhawks are spending more on LTIR people than on their active D.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Hawks escape another one. Great career though

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So is he actually retiring or staying on LTIR until the end of his contract??
    His choices are to actually retire and forfeit his contract and over $24,000,000 in gross earnings or to just to say he's unable to play anymore and earn another $24,000,000. I think it's obvious which one he is going to go with.

Dobber Sports Immortal

No surprise that the two moments of his career that stand out for me are against the Wings.

2013 giving Toews a hug and a pat in the penalty box after a temper tantrum led to more PIM.

2013 Game 7 winner vs the Wings.

Dobber Sports Monster

There's announcing your retirement but you have to actually file paperwork to retire in the eyes of the NHL. So he will take his bags of cash and sail into the West to join Marian Hossa on Robidas Island.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Padawan

One of my all-time favourite Hawks. Crawford and Seabrook retiring are making me feel real old. The end of an era, really. Where does Seabrook rank on the all-time list of Hawks D?

My list:
    1. Keith
    2. Pilote
    3. Wilson
    4. Seabrook
    5. Chelios

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak