Thread: Trade Proposal

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade Proposal

Hi Folks,

Received a trade proposal that I'm hesitating on. I'm in a Dynasty AL 5x5 roto league.

The offer I received is I would get Tim Anderson and Kyle Lewis, and I'd give away Jesus Luzardo and Jo Adell.

It hurts to think about trading away Adell. I was wondering about counter-offering with a young/prospect pitcher instead of Lewis.

But considering I finished 3rd last season, this might help me finish a little higher.

Feedback appreciated.
    Dynasty Keeper
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PIMS, STP (Special Teams Points), Hits
    Goalies - W, SO, GAA, SP

F : Barkov, Crosby, Malkin, Kadri, Novak, Panarin, Marchand, Kaprizov, VerHaeghe, Bunting, Pacioretty, Deslauriers, Kucherov, Barbashev, Kolesar, T. Raddysh, Colton, McBain

D : Burns, Karlsson, Heiskanen, S. Jones, Weegar, Schneider, Theodore on IR

G : Jarry, Gustafsson, Luukkonen, Daccord, Andersen on IR, Campbell in Minors

Prospects : Brisson, Dorofeyev, Miroshnichenko, Brink, Thrun

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Trade Proposal

Who do you have for a SS that Anderson might replace? Do you use actual positions for your OF (ie CF, LF, RF) or just OF? What does the rest of your SP look like to see if you can afford to lose a SP?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Who do you have for a SS that Anderson might replace? Do you use actual positions for your OF (ie CF, LF, RF) or just OF? What does the rest of your SP look like to see if you can afford to lose a SP?
    Who do you have for a SS that Anderson might replace?
    - Jorge Polanco, Isiah Kiner-Falefa

Do you use actual positions for your OF (ie CF, LF, RF) or just OF?
    - 5 OF

What does the rest of your SP look like to see if you can afford to lose a SP?
    - Fairly young: Plesax, Urquidy, Montas, Paxton, Heaney, Dunning, Mize.

Have Verlander too, but he won't be useful this season.
    Dynasty Keeper
    Goalies - W, SO, GAA, SP

F : Barkov, Crosby, Malkin, Kadri, Novak, Panarin, Marchand, Kaprizov, VerHaeghe, Bunting, Pacioretty, Deslauriers, Kucherov, Barbashev, Kolesar, T. Raddysh, Colton, McBain

Dobber Sports Deity

This is my opinion.

First off, Anderson is a big upgrade for you at SS IMO. I am also a big believer in Lewis. I think he's a top 15 OF this season going forward in all of baseball, let alone in an AL only league. He's good. Adell struggled last season in his short stint and has work to do before he's an everyday outfielder, but he's still a promising rookie. Luzardo is the tough one for me. It's never easy to find promising arms but you have a lot of them. If you think you can get by without Luzardo, I'd do this trade.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the response. I'll take that into consideration.

I appreciate it!
    Dynasty Keeper
    Goalies - W, SO, GAA, SP

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would accept that one too. Lewis is much better in leagues that Ks are not counted against batters. But its never easy making trades in dynasty leagues. Depends also on whats your maing goal. If you are competing the next couple of seasons(you said u you finished 3th last season) taking this deal will definitely help you now. Adell could turn things around. Hes young still.. but again, it depends if you are willing to wait on him a little longer(half a season, 2 years?!)
    Devils & Predators fan