Thread: What are you doing with DeAngelo?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default What are you doing with DeAngelo?

DeAngelo was dropped in my dynasty league and I scooped him up. I知 rebuilding and have room to stash him away, but it would mean not keeping a mid-tier prospect (e.g Logan Brown). I知 just curious what other people are planning on doing?

I could use the keeper spot on a few prospect options, but is there still a decent risk/reward payoff to hold onto him and see what happens?
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: What are you doing with DeAngelo?

In my dynasty league in sig, I dropped him as soon as he got kicked off the team. My D corps needed a second Rangers D, but it didn't have to be him.

I had inherited him in another league, which is a multi-cat dynasty and dropped him immediately. Benches there are very shallow with 2 reserve skaters, starting 12 F, 6 D. There's no room for aguy nto playing as half my bench.

In the other 2 dynasty leagues where I play, the owner has held him, but those leagues have deeper benches 1 is 13 reserves and an additoinal 13 minors, the other is a total of 55 reserves, including minors.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I own him in one of my keepers and I am sitting tight.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

I would hang on to him if I was in a rebuild. I had to trade him in my limited keeper because I already had Seguin/Klefbom on my IR and TonyD was taking up an active roster spot. I'm trying to repeat as champ in that league so I sent him to a rebuilding team for a small draft pick upgrade.

One year leagues I'm pretty much done with him, but would snag him in a heartbeat from the WW if the trade talk heats up
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Star

In my leagues where I can't win this year, I've actively acquired him at low prices (waivers, throw-ins). It's cost me very little, and the payoff would be huge if he finds a new home... this guy was top-10 in D scoring last year! Classic low risk, high reward. If he never finds a new home it didn't cost me very much. When everyone else is sour on a player that's the time to buy.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    In my leagues where I can't win this year, I've actively acquired him at low prices (waivers, throw-ins). It's cost me very little, and the payoff would be huge if he finds a new home... this guy was top-10 in D scoring last year! Classic low risk, high reward. If he never finds a new home it didn't cost me very much. When everyone else is sour on a player that's the time to buy.
    Great advice! If youre rebuilding Id also target Lehtonene. Preseason the hype was next level. Now you can get him for a late draft pick and he probably still has the same upside by next year...

The Great One

Someone said it on here somewhere...great pick up if your league uses KHL fantasy stats...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not much you can do right now. If you have room to stash him, fine. If not, you have to drop him. You've been caught holding the bag as it were.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Padawan

I知 still on the fence with this one.

I have one final keeper spot to work with in my league 2, and it痴 boiling down to DeAngelo, Dube, or Texier.

I was leaning Dube, but hard to ignore the opportunity DeAngelo has in Carolina.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Icon

You gotta keep him over these guys. In spite of all his issues he is one of the best offensive dmen in the league

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Given your options, and the timing, you keep DeAngelo. He will likely have the most trade value one week into the season, and has the most chance of giving you huge upside. What to do is very situationally dependent, and in your spot, you hold him.

Note that my reply early in this thread was all about what to do with him at that time, and he wasn't going to help in those two leagues of mine. Results showed that I was right, a league title, and a loss in the finals. If it was a deep league, he could've been a hold.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.