Thread: Big Brother Canada - Season 9 Discussion

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Big Brother Canada - Season 9 Discussion

Big Brother Canada started this week? I didn't even know that it was even considering planning on happening.

Anyone watch the season premiere? Does it look like it will be a good season?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Big Brother Canada - Season 9 Discussion

Episode 1 was typical BB can. Subpar compared to US big brother, and over the top emphasis on diversity etc. as to make sure they come across as politically correct.

The cast is the same as every year too, it's getting pretty stale, the canadian version IMO

Thanks.

that is exactly what I was afraid of and that is why I came here to check before i wasted any time watching it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

I have sadly never been able to get into the Canadian version of BB..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Initiate

and in case you needed another reason The ever annoying irritating Arissa Cox is still the host. She has got to be the absolute worst. I'll take Julie Chen and USA BB any day of the week

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Episode 1 was typical BB can. Subpar compared to US big brother, and over the top emphasis on diversity etc. as to make sure they come across as politically correct.

The cast is the same as every year too, it's getting pretty stale, the canadian version IMO
    I've never been a big brother fan (I watched the US All Star one a long long time ago and that's it). But the girlfriend wanted to so I watched with her last night. Can't say I'm a huge fan, most of the contestants didn't come off as overly likeable or entertaining to me.

The diversity point was one that jumped out at me too. Not a single straight white male on the show. Overcompensating for the years of underrepresentation for POC & LGBTQ communities I guess. Which is fine, I don't think that I (a 37 year old straight white male) am in their target demographic anyway. I don't have any issue with their choices, I just found it strange to not see a single contestant of the 14 fall into that category.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Initiate

it's the modern day rhetoric. Companies are too worried about coming across as non inclusive that they go over the top (see coca cola)

I do background work as extra, and it's hard to get on set lately as most gigs available require an "ethnic background"

The sad thing about BB can is, the cast is the same every year. There's the goofy white guy, there's the older person, there's the over the top flamboyant gay guy, etc. etc.

I heard (and confirmed after reading) that a houseguest was kicked off the show before it started because his buddies had said on social media that this person in question said racist remarks in the past. Global kicked him off the show and released a statement where they said that they didn't have proof, but they couldn't have a person like that on the show. I couldn't believe it.

Thanks everyone for saving me three nights a week for the next couple months.

I shared the thoughts with my wife and we agreed not to waste our evenings!!!

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Thanks everyone for saving me three nights a week for the next couple months.

I shared the thoughts with my wife and we agreed not to waste our evenings!!!
    Can you have your wife talk to my gf and convince her to do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Can you have your wife talk to my gf and convince her to do the same?
    You bet! Sometime when you are hanging with her send me a message in Yahoo chat and I will let her chat with her.

​​