Thread: 24 team dynasty, need a goalie for the future - what to give up for Hart?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default 24 team dynasty, need a goalie for the future - what to give up for Hart?

Hi everyone. Long-time lurker, first time poster.

I've joined my deepest dynasty ever and I've got an average team, I think I could get Playoffs next year if I really wanted but I think breaking it up a bit would be better and come back stronger in a couple years.

I'm considering making a shot at Hart, given it's a 24-team 2 active goalie league with 3 starts minimum, goalies are obviously a high premium. Would I be overpaying if I do Eichel for Hart and if not, how much more would you add on top - they're not going to want any low depth.

Forwards: Anderson, Sheary, Wagner, Rasmussen, Gallagher, Bailey, Lemieux, Forsberg, Dzingel, Byron, Stastny, Kotkanemi, Eichel, Rask
    Defence: Faulk, Bear, Severson, Romanov, Sergachev, Forbort, Fleury, Gardiner
    Goalies: Price, Quick, Campbell

Notable Prospects: Primeau, Kivlenieks, Neighbours, Lundell, Geekie

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 24 team dynasty, need a goalie for the future - what to give up for Hart?

Welcome!

I think it would be a huge overpayment, especially for a goalie. The problem I see a lot of with creating trades is that a manager gets too set on a single player being the only solution to plug a hole. Hart would be great to acquire, but only if the other GM is selling low based on some disappointing results this year.
    Campbell (possible starter in TOR) and Price might not be a bad combo next year.

I wonder if you could tempt them with some up and comers like Kotka and/or Romanov. I could see Forsberg+(+) as a reasonable starting point as well, but not a price I would pay for a goalie.

Guys like Lehner, Bishop, Petersen, Etc would all be a lot more economical for you to look into.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: 24 team dynasty, need a goalie for the future - what to give up for Hart?

Unfortunately eichel Is probably the only piece you have to get a young starter. I cant see anything else in yiu roster that would even interest a manager. I suppose you could try forsberg for like a sorokin or sherserkin bit that probably won’t be enticing enough either. You may have to try and draft some goalies. I’d hate to trade eichel because he is easily your best player. Tough spot for sure

Dobber Sports Recruit

Owner is also shopping Kucherov, given this year I will definitely not win - I'm towards the bottom of the table, it could be worth going for him. What if I put together a deal of Eichel, Forsberg, Romanov plus for Kucherov and Hart?

Dobber Sports Rookie

I'd imagine if they want Eichel potentially plus for Hart, you're going to need to add more than that for both Kucherov and Hart. I'd consider Kuch and Hart top 10 dynasty assets to own.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by JTaylor View Post
    Owner is also shopping Kucherov, given this year I will definitely not win - I'm towards the bottom of the table, it could be worth going for him. What if I put together a deal of Eichel, Forsberg, Romanov plus for Kucherov and Hart?
    That's reasonable enough, but it's probably the kind of move that absolutely kills your depth, and you can't win a league with just Kuch and Hart.
    Also I'm not sure why you're so deadset on moving Eichel, he's a great guy to own! Just a down year, exactly like Hart.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I was just listening to a fantasy podcast today where they were talking about Hart, and comparing him to Demko here in Vancouver. Some of Hart's underlying numbers are a little bit underwhelming, and it was about a 50/50 split as to who they would rather own. This was a surprise to me as I would for sure have preferred Hart in a dynasty. So maybe Demko could be a cheaper option for you.

I agree with what others have said. Eichel is too valuable to give up.
    9 Team Dynasty Pool. 30 Players, 20 Active (12 F, 6 D, 2 G). 10 Reserves. 20 Roster moves allowed per season.
    Forwards Points Only, D Points, Hits, Blocks, Goalies Wins and Shutouts.
    Drop 10 players in the offseason for free agent draft before season.

Forwards: Barzal, Forsberg, Guentzl, Buchnevic, Barkov, W. Nylander, P. Kane, Crosby, Fiala, Zibanejad, Vrana, Zuccarello, Pavelski, Tarasenko, Kreider, B. Schenn
    Defence: Fox, Sergachev, Pietrangelo, Letang, Karlsson, Hamilton, Spurgeon, Sandin, Boqvist, Matheson

Goal: Hellebuyck, Campbell, Skinner, Murray