Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: shopping for elite underperforming D

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: shopping for elite underperforming D

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    thats the point of buying low. yes the team is slumping, but you asked for underproducers, thats your target, plus hes available.
    I got you, but I distinguish between slumping player and slumping team. That was essence of my post.

Aftermath to this thread/question:

I should not offer Landeskog for Josi but RNH. Not because Landeskog started producing and RNH is injured, but because of (playoff) schedule.

Landeskog/Colorado has ideal calendar for playoffs and RNH/Edmonton not. Also Josi/Nashville has poor schedule.
    That was big mistake to not count playoff schedule into considering. :-/

I will try to trade Josi to GM who dont check schedule for future weeks.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by GTX View Post
    I consider my D as weak and my FW as strong, so I began shopping for the elite D.
    I am OK to offer any two of my current squad except Carlson (obvious) and Vasilelvskiy for top elite D.

Hamilton owner replied me, that he is interested only in Stamkos from my team. I am not sure if he is ok with 1:1 trade.
    Should I send him the 1:1 offer today?
    Today is the day, because Caroline plays with Detroit and he could rack up the points and trade will fail. Altough I may missed the perfect timing after games with Tampa, where he had no points.

Funny thing is, that Stamkos is the only elite/core player from my squad (except Carlson), who is OVER performing (as of today, regarding Yahoo stats he is converting 21.3% shots to goals, his lifetime and year ago is 17%/16.5%. It's not a big margin and Tampa is crushing, so it may be just his normal producing for this year.

On the other side, Hamilton is great BUY LOW candidate, he is heavily UNDER performing: 1.5% shots are goals this year (lifetime 6.2% , previous year 8.2%) , he shots 3shots/match and Carolina is doing quite good.

Or should I target other elite D first?

I already tried Hedman (owner is hesitating, I offered Landeskog + Tarasenko).
    Many elite D are heavy overperforming: Nurse, Petry, Rielly, Letang (Hedman owner) - so I am hesitant to acquire them.

2nd grade elite D which are underperforming are: Josi (he is elite but Nashville is not), Chabot, PietroAngelo, Barrie.

Other high valuable D: Theodore, McAvoy, Jones, Chychrun.

But they are all producing, so their price is high. Should I try to trade them anyway?

Am I missing some top Ds (playing PP1) regarding my current D squad?

My squad:

C Barkov, Tavares
    C,LW RNH, [ex-Landeskog - traded for Josi]
    LW Connor
    LW,RW Stamkos, Tuch & Greenway (streamers)
    C,RW Necas
    RW Tarasenko, Konecny (trying him after Covid)
    D Carlson, Krug, Josi (new addition), Fox, [ex-Dahlin - traded for Josi]
    G Vasilevskiy, Jarry
    IR, IR+ Mrazek, Duclair

Our leage: H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, no keepers.

Our cats:
    Goals (G), Assists (A), Points (P), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK), Wins (W), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)
    Our positions:
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR+
    I would trade Stamkos for Hamilton however i dont know where you got this under performing. Maybe he is slightly to what he was last year but im in few leagues with similar to your set up and Hamilton is #2 D after Hedman so im not sure you get a discount.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Jedi

Morgan Rielly... a Covid ridden Quinn Hughes?

You're not going to get a hedman type Dman for Stamkos 1-1. If you look at Stamkos' injury history - owners are hesitant to move elite pieces for him, even though when healthy he's still a modest elite producer.
    The gap between Hamilton & Hedman is not massive statistically.
    I would probably take that.
    If your not interested 1-1. make it a 2-2 where you get a small bump in an area of need with the second piece.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hi both Belexus75 and lucafen4,

the question was valid in March 4, 2021, when I started the thread.

I just bumped the thread with aftermath post, how I see things now and where I made the mistake.

Thanks for opinions anyway.

I should trade Stamkos for Hamilton straight there. :-D In that time Hamilton was underperforming and Stamkos overperforming :-O But, I was not able to pull the trigger