Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: shopping for elite underperforming D

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default shopping for elite underperforming D

I consider my D as weak and my FW as strong, so I began shopping for the elite D.
    I am OK to offer any two of my current squad except Carlson (obvious) and Vasilelvskiy for top elite D.

Hamilton owner replied me, that he is interested only in Stamkos from my team. I am not sure if he is ok with 1:1 trade.
    Should I send him the 1:1 offer today?
    Today is the day, because Caroline plays with Detroit and he could rack up the points and trade will fail. Altough I may missed the perfect timing after games with Tampa, where he had no points.

Funny thing is, that Stamkos is the only elite/core player from my squad (except Carlson), who is OVER performing (as of today, regarding Yahoo stats he is converting 21.3% shots to goals, his lifetime and year ago is 17%/16.5%. It's not a big margin and Tampa is crushing, so it may be just his normal producing for this year.

On the other side, Hamilton is great BUY LOW candidate, he is heavily UNDER performing: 1.5% shots are goals this year (lifetime 6.2% , previous year 8.2%) , he shots 3shots/match and Carolina is doing quite good.

Or should I target other elite D first?

I already tried Hedman (owner is hesitating, I offered Landeskog + Tarasenko).
    Many elite D are heavy overperforming: Nurse, Petry, Rielly, Letang (Hedman owner) - so I am hesitant to acquire them.

2nd grade elite D which are underperforming are: Josi (he is elite but Nashville is not), Chabot, PietroAngelo, Barrie.

Other high valuable D: Theodore, McAvoy, Jones, Chychrun.

But they are all producing, so their price is high. Should I try to trade them anyway?

Am I missing some top Ds (playing PP1) regarding my current D squad?

My squad:

C Barkov, Tavares
    C,LW RNH, [ex-Landeskog - traded for Josi]
    LW Connor
    LW,RW Stamkos, Tuch & Greenway (streamers)
    C,RW Necas
    RW Tarasenko, Konecny (trying him after Covid)
    D Carlson, Krug, Josi (new addition), Fox, [ex-Dahlin - traded for Josi]
    G Vasilevskiy, Jarry
    IR, IR+ Mrazek, Duclair

Our leage: H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, no keepers.

Our cats:
    Goals (G), Assists (A), Points (P), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK), Wins (W), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)
    Our positions:
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR+
    Last edited by GTX; March 8, 2021 at 4:32 PM. Reason: roster changes reflecting trades

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: shopping for elite D - offer Stamkos for Hamilton?

Your D is definitely your weak point. Dahlin shitting the bed really hurt you.

Is this a H2H or roto league?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

This is H2H, 1 year, 12 teams. added the info to 1st post.

I had Dumba, but traded with Stone for Connor and Tavares.
    I had Provorov, but traded for Fox, because Ghostis is taking Provorov's place in PP, when he returned.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd send the Stamkos for Hamilton offer straight up. Im not sure I'd add anything to Stamkos if he wants more.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Axeman, thanks for your thought. I double checked the numbers, and I think the Stamkos is too much or adequate offer for Hamilton at most.
    So I am not gaining much (except positional regroup of my squad). Also it is a gamble to hope that Hamilton will start to score more goals.

No offence Axeman, but I need more opinions. Until then I stand pat with Stamkos (only for Hedman 1:1) and I will try to trade other Ds mentioned in my initial post - hints welcomed here aswell.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by GTX View Post
    Axeman, thanks for your thought. I double checked the numbers, and I think the Stamkos is too much or adequate offer for Hamilton at most.
    So I am not gaining much (except positional regroup of my squad). Also it is a gamble to hope that Hamilton will start to score more goals.

No offence Axeman, but I need more opinions. Until then I stand pat with Stamkos (only for Hedman 1:1) and I will try to trade other Ds mentioned in my initial post - hints welcomed here aswell.
    No offense taken. You asked my opinion, I gave it. Best of luck.

I traded Landeskog (selling high after yesterday match) + Dahlin for Josi (also heavy underperforming).
    I was not sure to offer Landeskog or Nugent-Hopkins with Dahlin. Let's go Nashville !!!

I am thinking to target also underperforming Barrie now.
    He has 3 pointless games vs Toronto, so it's a good timing and the owner is trailing the league (11/12).
    Planning to offer overperforming Nugent-Hopkings even he is playing with McDavid. Is this OK move?

Quote Originally Posted by GTX;[URL="tel:2116271"
    2116271[/URL]]I traded Landeskog (selling high after yesterday match) + Dahlin for Josi (also heavy underperforming).
    I was not sure to offer Landeskog or Nugent-Hopkins with Dahlin. Let's go Nashville !!!
    I like this route more than what you suggested in the title or the RNH+Dahlin that you say.

Good move imo. Landeskog definitely the worst forward from those 3 and Dahlin is an afterthought for this year with the Sabres being absolutely atrocious.
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0

Dobber Sports Icon

Now is not the time to be acquiring Tyson Barrie. His PP time is starting to dwindle. His defensive "ability" is also becoming more apparent and he's getting closer to being a healthy scratch. He's the Oilers 4th best right shot dman but it's not likely that Tippett realizes (or acts) on that.

Definitely don't trade RNH for Barrie. They both get most of their points on the PP and no one on the Oilers roster will be replacing RNH on the first unit but there are at least 2 options that are better than Barrie for the PP.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would target someone like Chabot or Werenski!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Thanks a lot for these insights Canucks13 and chuckcouples. All make sense.

I regret I used specific players names in title of this thread. It may distract other forum members from this topic. I wanted to discuss shopping for elite UNDERperforming D in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I would target someone like Chabot or Werenski!!
    Funny thing is, that Chabot owner has also Hedman, Letang, Weber and Chychrun. So he has very good Ds. And he is reluctant to do any trade, so I stop trying there.

Werenski - yes, he is heavy underproducing, but partly because whole team is not producing? I think Columbus is slumping so I am cautious to pick a player from problematic team. Same applies to Seth Jones. Yes I traded for Josi from weaker Nashville (with Ellis and Duchene injured), but Josi is better than Werenski. Btw, Werenski is dropped in our league.

My current D roster is:

• Carlsson - overproducing and now already slumping - sell high or keep?
    • Krug - underproducing and started to heat and Tarasenko si back - definitely keep
    • Josi - underproducing and seems to turning around - they canceled his goal yesterday from PPP because Granlund interference
    • Fox - underproducing and heating up (also Rangers is heating up - Zibanejad scores, Trouba is back and Panarin should return)
    • spot for streamng D

1. Is this OK setup for 4xD starting slots? or I should have one more good D? My roster and cats are in first post.

I dont play for PIM, HIT, Blocks. I have solid goalies (Mrazek in IR) and forwards. I win most cats except these. I am thinking to stream forwards instead of defenders (maybe with an exception at the end of week, to fix close stats) so I dont need to reserve a slot for another D.

Underperforming good Ds left to shop (not mentioned above):

• Theodore
    • PietroAngelo - only PP2
    • Sergachev - only PP2
    • Do I miss somebody?

2. Are they better than my current D? or is it thin?

Default Re: shopping for elite underperforming D

Josi is injured. week to week.

My shopping journey continues.

I just realised that our playoff start at week from 19th april.
    Some teams have terrible schedule there. Edmonton only 2 matches. Then 4.
    Nashville (Josi) 3,3,4. Capitals (Carlson) 3,3,4. . Winnipeg (Connor) 3,3,4. Blues (Krug, Tarasentko) 3, 4, 4 . Flyers (Konecny) 3,3,4.
    I need to thing about this also when building the core roster.

The RNH trade makes more sense regarding this schedule and he is dumped to 2nd line.

I am unable to find an update of Josi's injury status. He is not officially on Nashville's injury list, so I cant put him on IR slot. on IR+ I have Mrazek (DTD).

Funny fact, new Dahlin's owner dropped him and Dahlin is FA now. Thinking about picking him up. :-)

As of today, I would offer Stamkos for Hamilton, but I think I missed the train already. Hamilton started to produce after matches with Tampa and Stamkos went silnet .

I tried send offers for Sergachev and Theodore for a streamer (or two streamers), but I got rejected both times.

I have only 3 healthy Ds: Carlson, Krug, Fox. I have to stream atleast 1 D, until I find a permanent solution (or Josi's update will be optimistic).
    notable FA Ds are: Shattenkirk, P.K. Subban, Lindell, Lingren, Doumolin.
    but as I focus on points, and not Hits and Blocks, there is really not many to choose from.
    My worst forwards are: Tuch, Greenway (both dropable but playing today) and Konecny (not sure if he is droppable).
    League: H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, no keepers, 5 FA pick-ups / week, unlimited trades.
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks, Wins, SV%, SHO
    Positions: 2xC, 2xLW, 2xRW, 4xD, 2xG, 4xBN, IR, IR+

Drop Batherson or other skater to stream into playoffs?

Dobber Sports Icon

Werenski - yes, he is heavy underproducing, but partly because whole team is not producing? I think Columbus is slumping so I am cautious to pick a player from problematic team. Same applies to Seth Jones. Yes I traded for Josi from weaker Nashville (with Ellis and Duchene injured), but Josi is better than Werenski. Btw, Werenski is dropped in our league.
    thats the point of buying low. yes the team is slumping, but you asked for underproducers, thats your target, plus hes available.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)