Thread: Massive pts only long term cap league trade... help!

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Massive pts only long term cap league trade... help!

My team is already full of young potential but I can never look away from getting younger and cheaper contracts. I don't want to go too deep into the numbers but the Glass group is is cheaper and the term is double what the Pettersson side is. Brackets is the years left after this season that they can be kept at a decent price. After that they all have an extension/drop/trade option. If extended the cap hit goes up to $15,000,000 range per year out of $82,000,000 total cap. So I'm looking at the upside for the next five-ish years overall.

His Glass (5), Vilardi (5), Raymond (5), Sorokin (2)

My Pettersson (2) , Gibson (1)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Massive pts only long term cap league trade... help!

Do you have a minors system? What does the rest of your roster look like? Do positions matter (ie LW, RW, C, or simply FWD??)? How many do you start at each position if positions do matter?

The more info you give, the more replies you'll receive and hopefully accuracy increases on the replies too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for getting back.

Start 8 F, 3 D, 2 G. 20 man roster with $82,000,000 in cap space.

I could have won this year but i didn't want to deal with guys in a out. Lost Samsonov right off the bat. Sold Aho, Panarin, Svechnikov, Hughes etc..... After having a rough time in baseball fantasy I bounced and sold for futures.

F Pettersson $3,400,000 (2)
    F Suzuki $850,000 (1)
    F Hughes $4,000,000 (2)
    F Seguin $3,000,000 (2)
    F Hischier $2,500,000 (2)
    F
    F
    F

D Smith $850,000 (2)
    D Chabot $3,400,000 (1)
    D

G Thatcher $1,700,000 (1)
    G Peterson $3,100,000 (2)

F Garland $850,000 (2)
    F Dach $850,000 (1)
    F Gurianov $1,450,000 (2)
    D Romanov $850,000 (2)
    D Byram $850,000 (2)
    G Oettinger $1,700,000 (2)
    G Gibson $7,500,000 (1)

Bracket is years left after this season with current contract. Once it's up you can extend a guy for 4 x their current deal. For 1, 2 or 3 seasons. If I stay I have around $45,000,000 in cap which I could probably add Eichel, Stone, Hedman, Laine or maybe Panarin type guys.

If I do the swap I'd have 18 keepers and about $47,000,000 in cap space for two spots lol. I could and would probably move Vilardi, Byram, Sorokin for maybe Shesterkin, Heinola and open up a spot and another $4,000,000 in cap.

I think I should stay put and ad four monsters to my top lineup. But of course Vilardi and Glass get points last night and Gibson gets drilled again lol.

Reading guys think Raymond is Marner so am I basically passing up in a few years a ppg Raymond, and say two 60 plus pt forwards in Vilardi and Glass and one of the best goalie prospects for Pettersson for cheap for two more years?

Dobber Sports Deity

What is Glass, Vilardi, Raymond and Sorokin getting paid in terms of contract $?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Glass is $1,050,000 (2) so extention after two more years would be $4,200,000 x 1,2 or 3 years.

Vilardi is $850,000 (2) extension after is $3,400,000 x 1,2 or 3 years.

Raymond is $850,000 (2) extension after is $3,400,000 x 1,2 or 3 years.

Sorokin (2) $5,700,000 extension would be the max which is $14,800,000. I would let him walk after two more years.

Pettersson is $3,400,000 (2) with a $13,600,000 extension.

Gibson is $7,500,000 (1) with a $14,800,000 extension so he will be going back into the auction pool after next year.

I think Peterson and Thatcher are the clear top dogs next season on better teams so it's either Gibson on my bench or Sorokin who has an extra year, better team and is $2,000,000 cheaper waiting on my bench. If Varlamov goes down Sorokin could be a league winner.

It is a 14 team $200 league.

I LOVE the young guys BUT also want to win and think I have a winning shot next year with added pieces. It's just so hard for me to turn away younger cheaper contracts.

I want to pull the trigger but EP is my baby and I see him being like Kucherov in a season or two.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'll be honest with you, I dont see this team winning for YEARS but I dont know what the other teams look like in your league. Youth is great but age isn't a category in fantasy hockey. The ones who are willing to invest in older productive players in lieu of youth will usually win fantasy hockey leagues.

I'd probably do this trade but doing it primarily to try and save cap to invest in improving other areas. You wont win this trade short term but hopefully in three years, the youth starts to pan out and produce.

Dobber Sports Novice

"Youth is great but age isn't a category in fantasy hockey. The ones who are willing to invest in older productive players in lieu of youth will usually win fantasy hockey leagues."

I should get this tattooed. I'm like a dear in headlights with always wanting to nut that young guy and him "grow" on my roster. Thats what I have done with Pettersson and now I'm thinking about trading him.... What if Glass is the #1C on a stacked Vegas next year, Kings arrow is pointing up with Vilardi and the other kids, Is Raymond like Marner in a few years? That's what I wonder about all of the time.

Pettersson has almost averaged 80 pts the last three years and he is just starting to shave. Keep him and delete the league from my phone the rest of the season lol.

Really appreciate you giving feedback. Good luck in your leagues.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You think you could have won, but rather than deal with the hassle of competing you traded away Aho, Panarin, Svechnikov, Hughes? Did I read that right?